Switch Links Bug

NaturalScience

Inspired
Axe Fx II 6.02
MFC 2.02 in Axe Fx II mode with ethernet cable connection

Here's a weird bug I found. I've had the same switch links saved in my MFC forever and decided to change them up last week. I configured one set to switch between IA's 6 and 7 (delays). I then configured the second to switch among my modulation effects (8, 9, 12, 13, and 14).

Once I did this, patches that had the drive block turned on (IA 10) as well as one of the modulations (8, 9, 12, 13, 14) would not load up correctly. The patch would initially load with the drive on, then the drive would turn off after a split second. The drive block worked fine for patches that didn't have a modulation effect on by default. I double checked to make sure that I had not inadvertently included IA 10 in one of my switch links.

I tried remaking my patches from scratch, etc. but nothing worked. I narrowed the problem down to the MFC by disconnecting it and loading the patches successfully from the front panel. Only after redoing the switch links in the MFC (by setting them to blank, then back to the exact same numbers) did the drive stop turning off.

I'm not sure if this helps any because I can't reproduce this bug. However, I'm absolutely certain that IA 10 (drive) was NOT configured as a switch link. It seems that there is some behavior whereby IA's are being somehow included as a switch link but not showing up in the switch links config.

I'm bumping this because we've had several MFC updates since and I'm still seeing this. Basically, if any of the effects in the switch link group is ON when the scene is loaded, then the switch link fails to work. I have tried moving the set of IA's to switch link 2, and blanking out switch link 1 to no avail.

Anyone else? This is a weird one.

Back
Top Bottom