Wish Switch functionality for pressing two switches at once (e.g. Master Layout)

moerker

Experienced
Thinking about making my preset switching more streamlined without external devices, it would be nice to assign swtich capabilities if two switches (1/2 or 2/3) are pressed simultaneously. Easiest idea here would be a FC like assignment for Master Layout, or going up/down one preset per bank, one view, etc.

Edit: After thinking a little bit longer - at least the master layout would be cool, since this is the main difference in the FM3 than the FCs. I understand that selectable function may lead to strange compatibility issues with the FC6 or FC12, or result in a strange configuration way.

Last edited:
I'd also really like this. The FC-6 approach of pressing the two rightmost switches to get to master layout is really nice. Having to press and hold one of the FM3 switches to do the same takes away from your options for using them. I wish there was a separate master layout switch or a 4th switch above where the two switch approach could be used, but there isn't.

But being able to press both the 2nd and 3rd switch to get to master layout would be a nice addition.

I did manage to get all 8 scenes in a single layout by doing this:

FS1 press - toggle Scene 1, 2
FS1 hold - scene 3
fs2 press - toggle scene 4, 5
fs2 hold - master layout
fs3 press - toggle scene 6, 7
fs3 hold - scene 8

I thought about using toggle scene on hold, but having to press and hold twice to get to scene 4 felt cumbersome.

I did manage to get all 8 scenes in a single layout by doing this:

FS1 press - toggle Scene 1, 2
FS1 hold - scene 3
fs2 press - toggle scene 4, 5
fs2 hold - master layout
fs3 press - toggle scene 6, 7
fs3 hold - scene 8

I thought about using toggle scene on hold, but having to press and hold twice to get to scene 4 felt cumbersome.
Another approach that could work is using Scene Increment/Decrement instead of Toggle:

FS1 press - Scene Increment, Min 1, Max 3, Wrap ON
FS1 hold - Scene Decrement, Min 1, Max 3, Wrap ON

FS2 press - Scene Increment, Min 4, Max 6, Wrap ON
FS2 hold - Scene Decrement, Min 4, Max 6, Wrap ON

FS3 press - Scene Increment, Min 7, Max 8, Wrap ON
FS3 hold - Scene Decrement, Min 7, Max 8, Wrap ON

You could get between any 3 scenes (or 2 in the last case) with just a press. I added the hold options in can you need "direct" access to each scene in a "set" but probably overkill.

Another approach that could work is using Scene Increment/Decrement instead of Toggle:

FS1 press - Scene Increment, Min 1, Max 3, Wrap ON
FS1 hold - Scene Decrement, Min 1, Max 3, Wrap ON

FS2 press - Scene Increment, Min 4, Max 6, Wrap ON
FS2 hold - Scene Decrement, Min 4, Max 6, Wrap ON

FS3 press - Scene Increment, Min 7, Max 8, Wrap ON
FS3 hold - Scene Decrement, Min 7, Max 8, Wrap ON

You could get between any 3 scenes (or 2 in the last case) with just a press. I added the hold options in can you need "direct" access to each scene in a "set" but probably overkill.

That's another interesting approach, thanks!

One thing that surprisingly works OK with the toggle setup is that each switch takes you right to the default if you're on a different scene. i.e. for mine they always take you to 1, 4, and 6 unless you're already on one then the toggle takes you elsewhere.

i.e. pressing fs1 always takes you to scene 1 (or your default scene for the toggle), unless you're already on scene 1 then it toggles to 2.

I wondering what would happen in your example.

i.e. if you're on any scene above 3, presing FS1 will be above the max then wrap back to 1. Unless you're on scene 4 and hold FS1 (decrement) then you would be at 3?

for instance, is this right?
Starting Scene => destination after fs2 press
1 => 6 //below min, wrap to max
2 => 6
3 => 4 //increment
4 => 5
5 => 6
6 => 4 //wrap increment
7 => 4 //wrap above max?
8 => 4 // wrap above max?

Never been a fan of pressing multiple switches at once. Very error-prone because of timing.
I really like the FC-6 "press the bottom right then tap the top right" solution for getting to master layout. But it's a bit easier when those switchers are vertical instead of horizontal.

That's another interesting approach, thanks!

One thing that surprisingly works OK with the toggle setup is that each switch takes you right to the default if you're on a different scene. i.e. for mine they always take you to 1, 4, and 6 unless you're already on one then the toggle takes you elsewhere.

i.e. pressing fs1 always takes you to scene 1 (or your default scene for the toggle), unless you're already on scene 1 then it toggles to 2.

I wondering what would happen in your example.

i.e. if you're on any scene above 3, presing FS1 will be above the max then wrap back to 1. Unless you're on scene 4 and hold FS1 (decrement) then you would be at 3?

for instance, is this right?
Starting Scene => destination after fs2 press
1 => 6 //below min, wrap to max
2 => 6
3 => 4 //increment
4 => 5
5 => 6
6 => 4 //wrap increment
7 => 4 //wrap above max?
8 => 4 // wrap above max?
Oh, that's a good thought. I haven't tested it, so you probably should experiment to confirm.

I really wish they would add this as an option. I want to stack scenes on all 3 switches as follows,

Button 1: Tap = SC1, Second tap = SC5, Hold = SC5
Button 2: Same except for SC2 and SC6
Button 3: Same except for SC3 and SC7

This way I would have direct access to 6 scenes, but could still get back to the Master Layout without an external foot switch.

I really wish they would add this as an option. I want to stack scenes on all 3 switches as follows,

Button 1: Tap = SC1, Second tap = SC5, Hold = SC5
Button 2: Same except for SC2 and SC6
Button 3: Same except for SC3 and SC7

This way I would have direct access to 6 scenes, but could still get back to the Master Layout without an external foot switch.
You can do that now by using scene toggles.

I have it setup that holding goes directly to the second scene option. Toggle only requires a double tap that causes more weird noises due to multiple scene changes happening rapidly.
What you described is the same as Scene Toggle (plus Scene Select on Hold).

And this thread is about using 2 switches together at the same time, not about "second press".

What you described is the same as Scene Toggle (plus Scene Select on Hold).

And this thread is about using 2 switches together at the same time, not about "second press".
Yes I understand this. I was giving an example of why I would like to have the 2 switch solution, so I can exit a layout or view without an external foot switch.

Yes I understand this. I was giving an example of why I would like to have the 2 switch solution, so I can exit a layout or view without an external foot switch.
Gotcha... So, your example was maybe confusing us :)

This is a really good idea for the FC6 too!
it actually turns 6 switches into 13 if one thinks about it. Right now its 6 buttons only turned into 7 with the heel to toe thing, but allowing just two presses with a threshold of half a,second to press both regardless of order would help with the other 6 possibilities on top of the 6+1 switches now.

1)Just got my new FM3 and the whole modellers universe, super excited but kinda stuck ie unable exit perform layout, unless otherwise I switch off and start again
2)Can I create a bank where I can keep all the favorite presets, rather than paging all presets.
3)How to practise with the backing track?

Please bear with me as I am new to the modellers and don't know much. All the answers will be warmly appreciated. Thankyou

I'm not sure your question is related to functionality Wish you posted in? This wish is to add two button functions like some other devices available. For example pushing the left and center foot switches on the FM3 would switch to the preset layout, pressing the center and right switches would switch to scene layout, or whatever the user wants it to do. Maybe post your questions in the FM3 Discussion area of the forum to get better responses.

Back
Top Bottom