Fixed Switch-Display FW4.00 Beta1

I'm a complete noob on the FM3 (jumped across after deciding it wasn't worth waiting for the QC!). If I do the Reset System Parameters am I going to lose all the settings I've made (ie - external Footswitches, expression pedals etc)?
Yes, you will lose these settings.

You do have a couple of options. If the reset does not resolve the problem you can restore from the backup you just uploaded (and thank you for that!).

You can also export your layouts in case resetting your system parameters does resolve the problem, then import them to restore the layouts, at least. This won't restore other settings, however, just your footswitches.

1622554259305.png

Hi.

I can confirm that the System Param reset cleared the error. I then restored the original System Param file and the Left Switch Miniscreen error came back.

Should I live with the blanked mini screen for now? Are we likely to see a fix of the parameter file for those of us who seem to have this minor corruption or should I resign myself to needing to redo all my settings again?

Ta,
D.

Hi.

I can confirm that the System Param reset cleared the error. I then restored the original System Param file and the Left Switch Miniscreen error came back.

Should I live with the blanked mini screen for now? Are we likely to see a fix of the parameter file for those of us who seem to have this minor corruption or should I resign myself to needing to redo all my settings again?

Ta,
D.
Manually take note to all of your parameters. Make a reset and put parameters manually back in the FM3. That has solved my problem (blacked mini screen). It's a long task but it solved the problem.

Manually take note to all of your parameters. Make a reset and put parameters manually back in the FM3. That has solved my problem (blacked mini screen). It's a long task but it solved the problem.
There's an assumption made there that I can remember what I did, and do it again :)

I just tried to get my external pedal (Boss FS-7 into the FC-6) Tap Tempo and Tuner functions back but have no recollection of how to do it!

When I have more time to get back to the manual etc I'll do it; it's always good to do these things again to learn how to use it properly! I'll just live with the blank screen for now - I know it's just to get my OMG-9 Preset screen up.

What I've done is put my backup on the FM3 and take notes about my parameters and then make a comparison after the reset... Take about 15 minutes and everything was set up properly.

Can you please upload your "System + FC" backups from Fractal-Bot?

After doing that, please perform a reset of your system parameters: HOME -> SETUP -> Utilities -> Reset page -> Reset System Parameters

So far I didn't get a "power it off and on again" were the issue persisted since 3b and did the reset system param trick.

So far it seems to occur much less, but still occurred on the first 4b2 😉
In case of - if I can be of any help: a set of questions to pinpoint the correct way to help:
Do you need a backup made with the issue?
Do you want a backup of my current setting without (to try reproduce) ?
Do you need a persistent issue or backup would take possible ram corruption as well?

In case of - if I can be of any help: a set of questions to pinpoint the correct way to help:
Do you need a backup made with the issue?
Do you want a backup of my current setting without (to try reproduce) ?
Do you need a persistent issue or backup would take possible ram corruption as well?
Thank you for the offer. We do have a configuration that we can reproduce this issue with and we'll try to get it resolved for the next release (beta or otherwise).

Thank you for the offer. We do have a configuration that we can reproduce this issue with and we'll try to get it resolved for the next release (beta or otherwise).
Great news !

In case of, I seems to be able to reproc it easely with a bit of tap dancing and the following looper config:
1622573567880.png
With a looper in the preset path: simply repeat a bit the following (fast) tap dance
  • begin: Press Record
  • Press Record again (start an overdub)
  • Press Stop (to stop the overdub)
  • Press Undo (to undo the last overdub)
  • Goto begin
(which is my usual noodling)

Doing it for a while will:
  • corrupt the middle label on rare occurence - they will go back to normal on next press/refresh
  • end with the odd contrast after couple rounds (I am getting that after 1min to 2min dance)

I think so. Already after Beta3 and a system reset it worked again.
After Beta5 I did not have to do a system reset and the display works as desired.
Only now I have to play myself :tearsofjoy:

I think you can mark this thread as "fixed"!

All sorted - Huge thanks!

Now - let me get to playing this bad boy :) I've just discovered I LOVE the 5153 Blue after discovering it in the new presets (having ignored it for ages as it's definitely NOT |my type of amp") LOL!!!

Back
Top Bottom