Implemented Switch controllers with channels for Wah and Pitch blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

REDD

Fractal Fanatic
I think it would be a good feature to have when you select channel A in the wah block you could have an expression pedal assigned and then channel B you could select none and vise versa for say a whammy and that way you could switch back and forth in scenes and use the same expression pedal.

Agreed, I do this all the time.

Channel A on the Wah is auto-engage, Channel B isn't

Same with the Rotary/Whammy whatever

Control the channels with scenes

You can even get fancier - I have two effects (chorus and rotary) controlled by one expression pedal.

Both are controlled by a Control Switch, but the behaviour is inverted - so turning on the chorus turns off the rotary and vice versa

The mix is controlled by the expression - so with heel down you're basically bypassed and you can blend in the effect

Agreed, I do this all the time.

Channel A on the Wah is auto-engage, Channel B isn't

Same with the Rotary/Whammy whatever

Control the channels with scenes

You can even get fancier - I have two effects (chorus and rotary) controlled by one expression pedal.

Both are controlled by a Control Switch, but the behaviour is inverted - so turning on the chorus turns off the rotary and vice versa

The mix is controlled by the expression - so with heel down you're basically bypassed and you can blend in the effect
I've tried this again and again and it doesn't work. If I select channel A with auto engage it changes it the same for all channels. It needs to be per channel and it isn't. I have a bunch of expression pedals but I don't want to take them to shows when I could just use scenes and switch channels. I don't want to have to do a lot of routing just to achieve switching between two pedals. Thanks

I've tried this again and again and it doesn't work. If I select channel A with auto engage it changes it the same for all channels. It needs to be per channel and it isn't. I have a bunch of expression pedals but I don't want to take them to shows when I could just use scenes and switch channels. I don't want to have to do a lot of routing just to achieve switching between two pedals. Thanks
Check out the patch I posted in this thread. https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...erience-last-night.155025/page-5#post-1846259. Does exactly what you’re wanting.

You have the option of setting a modifier on All channels or 1 specific channel.

You need to set the modifier control to be active only on Channel A not All Channels.

You have the option of setting a modifier on All channels or 1 specific channel.

You need to set the modifier control to be active only on Channel A not All Channels.
I haven't used a modifier yet, I'll have to do some looking.

If you're doing auto engage you are using a modifier. That's how they work.
It doesn't work. If I have auto engage on channel A of the wah block and none or anything else on any other channels it changes them on all channels. You can't have different settings for each channel and that is my point in my wish here. Maybe it's a bug.

It doesn't work. If I have auto engage on channel A of the wah block and none or anything else on any other channels it changes them on all channels. You can't have different settings for each channel and that is my point in my wish here. Maybe it's a bug.
I use it on my Delay block. On channel A I have a modifier that increases Mix and Feedback and turns the Delay off at 95%. The other channels stay engaged...

I'm out of town for the weekend, otherwise I'd post some pics.

Hopefully someone will get you sorted out.

E287BE4D-EB82-4E16-A6F0-0FDCC6252DA0.jpeg

Are you actually changing the field I have circled here? If not, it won't work. It sure works perfectly for me.

5.png

Yes, I've changed it and it doesn't work. I'm trying to do it per scene and when I change it per scene it's the same on all channels. I'll try again today and see if I can get it. Thank you.
Huh, that's strange. If you try the patch I linked to, at least that will tell you if it's something in your patch, or your system settings causing the issue.

Yes, I've changed it and it doesn't work. I'm trying to do it per scene and when I change it per scene it's the same on all channels. I'll try again today and see if I can get it. Thank you.
Did you ever figure this out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom