AFIII "Sweet Child O' Mine" Live Cover

diezel013

Inspired
Hey ya'll... Just made it back home from tonight's gig... Had the honor to play this G N R classic. Hope ya dig... (sorry I don't have better quality footage, but some kickass new 4K videos are on the way)

Used the Marshall #34 Modded JCM800 amp, plus the Marshall 4x12Ax V30 blend of the SM57 and the room mic, plus a little delay and verb. I'll share patch if anyone is interested, but right now I'm going to to bed. Cheers!!!

:)

💯 shoe views
💯 nailed the tone
would also like to peek at your preset, if you're down - it's all about consent.

Good tones. What are we hearing on the vid, your monitor or PA? ...and what were you use for stage sound?

Good tones. What are we hearing on the vid, your monitor or PA? ...and what were you use for stage sound?
My stage monitor. It’s was the venues... nothing special, just a Yamaha 12inch monitor and for these shows, I just plug L + R stereo into the house. I like to keep it simple.

For those of you that are interested, I've attached the patch that I used last night. For the best performance and no latency when switching between clean/dirty I've been using an A/B box to switch between inputs 1 & 2. I know most people don't do that, so I'm sorry if that's annoying. but maybe if you like the clean you could just transfer the settings to a new preset, or scene.

I played around with the Brit Silver, AFS amp, along with several different cab options but this sounded best to my ears. I will warn you, signal was quite HOT... wasn't noticeable at home, but with the loud stage levels, I was getting some hiss if my pickups were facing the monitor. Was using my Les Paul Standard 50's (stock), so maybe you want to tweak it to work better for you.

Hope you all enjoy, and have a nice weekend!!! :)

Attachments

• HOT ROD RIG.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 77
First time I’ve heard of this method.
Works really nice for me.

It was the result of trying to create an EJ patch where I could do the clean hold delay/loop (like he does on Trial of Tears, or the Cliffs live intro) and then switch to the dirty so I can improv over the clean.

Ultimately I liked it because in the past when I was switching scenes or presets I was having trouble managing the slight latency, or smooth spillover of delays and all that Jazz.

With the A/B box, (or ABY box if you want to use both amps simultaneously) it’s a smooth switch with no latency.

I know some of you are probably better with organizing your scenes, presets but for me I like this method, and I can make the most of the space on my Axe FX.

Cheers... and thanks for your work and thorough guides of all the amp models. Whenever I’m needing to brush up on the unit I always look up your guides for reference. :)

Back
Top Bottom