Votes: 37 13.1%
  • Black Zipper Hoodie, White Logo on Back

Votes: 139 49.3%
  • I'd ALSO pay more for higher quality

Votes: 169 59.9%
  • I would not order ANY Sweatshirt/Hoodie

Votes: 27 9.6%

• Total voters
Send me any free crap you want and I'll wear it to mow the lawn, I refuse to pay someone to advertise their products, sorry.

I love hoodies. Wore them when I lived in NYC and Seattle. Not so much in Florida :ambivalence: It's a little warm for hoodies but really, how many FAS artists actually live in Florida? :) I'm really happy with my FAS T-Shirts!

Send me any free crap you want and I'll wear it to mow the lawn, I refuse to pay someone to advertise their products, sorry.

So I presume you own no band T-shirts? No shirts with little alligators or dudes playing croquet? No tags on your jeans and no jackets with identifying marks from whatever school you went to? No 'swoosh' or other symbol on your shoes? No other sweatshirts with Champion, Riddel, or Starter logos?

I take it you either wear only middle eastern 'man jammies' or got your entire wardrobe for free?

So I presume you own no band T-shirts? No shirts with little alligators or dudes playing croquet? No tags on your jeans and no jackets with identifying marks from whatever school you went to? No 'swoosh' or other symbol on your shoes? No other sweatshirts with Champion, Riddel, or Starter logos?

I take it you either wear only middle eastern 'man jammies' or got your entire wardrobe for free?

I try to avoid as best as possible, I certainly don't have anything with a huge logo on it. I have a few Polos I received as gifts, but I'd never spend my money on them.

I owned several businesses, and I always had to pay to advertise. So in turn, as a customer, why would I pay the manufacturer to advertise for them?

Does Jimmy Johnson pay Lowes or do they pay him? Exactly.

I try to avoid as best as possible, I certainly don't have anything with a huge logo on it. I have a few Polos I received as gifts, but I'd never spend my money on them.

I owned several businesses, and I always had to pay to advertise. So in turn, as a customer, why would I pay the manufacturer to advertise for them?

I get your point, and if you try to follow through on your principle then that makes your earlier comment much less hypocritical than it seemed.

As for JJ, if you had his exposure, maybe Lowe's would pay you too?

I would love to have some merch from Fractal but paying $50 to have it shipped to Canada makes it a non starter. Is there any possibility of other options?

O Canada. Glorious and so not free.

Our shipping system won't quote lower prices to Canada, but per the note on our cart, we can usually ship for less by taking merch down to the post office. We'll always refund the difference when this happens. I'm not sure we'll be able to do this if volume picks up much though.

Matt, you could pool the Canadian orders until you have enough to justify heading down to the Post Office to send them all, or just force Mark to stuff his suitcases full of orders instead of clothes, when he goes back home to visit family.

I just had an image of Mark, wearing 14 fractal t-shirts and going through customs....

Matt, you could pool the Canadian orders until you have enough to justify heading down to the Post Office to send them all, or just force Mark to stuff his suitcases full of orders instead of clothes, when he goes back home to visit family.

I just had an image of Mark, wearing 14 fractal t-shirts and going through customs....

Do you have to pay extra if he wore it?

As a former Fractal customer and current employee, I have both perspectives.

M@ the Fractal customer speaks:
Most people don't wear brands to advertise, but because brands are symbols of culture, community, and yes, status. That's how I wear Fractal shirts. I wear them because I LOVE this brand and I literally want to stand behind it. I want to identify with and connect with (most of) the players that gather around it. I'm HONORED to own a Fractal. I'm EXCITED to tell the world that I do -- not as a human billboard for rent, but as a statement of the fact that "I think I know what awesome is." And better still... so people can ask me if I have one, and I can say, "YES I DO AND I LOVE IT!" and maybe even bond over that. (Like most people, I like making new friends and spreading the word about new things.) I get to feel like I'm a part of something bigger than me. (I'd call this "Fractal Power" mode and it is real and loud and proud.) Now... I must also admit that from the very first time one of my "wishlist" posts made it into firmware (Ultra, 5.0!) there has always been an open and very personal aspect of "let me pay back some of what Cliff does to make this company so awesome." I meet a lot of people who also feel something like that. I get a lot of emails about friends telling friends and so on. I call this "gratitude" mode and it it pervasive and humble and a form of admiration. That's also why I wear Fractal shirts.

Now M@ the Fractal employees speaks.
We don't do t-shirts for "advertising." T-shirts are not an effective way to advertise a high end guitar processor. We don't do shirts for profit. We make them ourselves and probably don't break even on each batch. We do shirts because many of our customers WANT TO WEAR them. We do shirts because it is fun for everyone. As I mentioned above, I think as a former customer, I understand a little bit about why.

There could do a forum "Canadian Shirt Group Buy" but you'd need to manage it as resources to organize something like that would be a constraint.

There could do a forum "Canadian Shirt Group Buy" but you'd need to manage it as resources to organize something like that would be a constraint.

But, I'm in Ohio? Canadians are on their own.

But what if one of your dealers sold them out of their online store? I mean, someone that can handle the postage issue better (thereby not impacting your staffing).

You and I wearing a Fractal shirt, is not the same as Neal Schon, Alex Lifeson, or Steve Vai wearing one.

I would have to pay Lowes, to be their spokesman, because I am not a celebrity. So, my endorsement is worthless.

Have you ever worn a Budweiser T-shirt or a Pepsi shirt? Did they pay you to do that?

Wouldn't it be a good idea to outsource the merchandise production & sales to a dedicated company? That way they would be able to ship worldwide, and handle the volumes. Seeing as FAS isn't a clothing company, i.e. The principle of sticking to what you're good at, which is way more important. But I suspect merchandise sales worldwide would be good. Well I would be putting their kids through college anyway....

Back
Top Bottom