Swart AST is right on, thanks Cliff

It's unique character comes from the PI. It's a cathodyne phase inverter so it doesn't drive the grids as hard.

Chris,
Thanks for making your AST available to Cliff, it's an absolutely awesome addition to the Axe II, and the trem on the AST (real and model) is perhaps the most lush trem I've ever experienced.
I've played most of the Swart amps and recorded with quite a few of them , but have never owned one of them myself.
The AST Pro or AST head have been on my must buy list for the longest time - yes I still buy tube amps once in a while - and I actually just had a lightly used AST Pro on my hands recently at roughly 50% off, but decided against it, as I knew that Cliff had a model of yours in FW10.
The Model is spot on and I'm glad I didn't spring for the real one now

Also thanks for making the Komet available to Cliff - I hope he takes you up on it, as those amps are very special and unique.

I need to take a little break. I'm kind of burnt out. V10 was 80-100 hours a week for months.

It's a break well deserved Cliff - thanks for all your constant hard work, it's much appreciated.

Thanks for the help.
Do you know how you would control it with the MFC

I think you could do like this.
Assign an external controller to either the depth or frequency of the tremolo. Then check what's the cc value of that controller. Ext controller 2 has cc value 17. Chose an ia switch on the mfc.

Press EDIT: MIDI: PAGE 7X, choose ia number (12, maybe or some other that is free)and set function to None.

Press EDIT: MIDI: PAGE 8x
Choose cc number 17, for Ia switch 12

Press EDIT: MIDI: PAGE 9x
Set OFF 000 ON 127, for Ia switch 12
SAVE

Chris, I've been bothering you on your thread before about this amp and boy this amp rocks. It's smooth.. gritty enough, and the TREMELO!!! How sweet is that, eh? Does the tremelo sound like the original, as well?
Anyways, thanks again to both you and cliff :)

I'll join in... thanks very much Chris for sending this amp to Cliff. The AST Pro is the one amp I'd like to own currently... The model in the Axe II sounds fantastic with all my guitars, but it LOVES my Nocaster. No surprise there...

I need to take a little break. I'm kind of burnt out. V10 was 80-100 hours a week for months.

"kind of burnt out"? Geez, after all that I'd be butterflied, deep-fried AND thoroughly baked.

Take a nice long vacation -- I'm sure we can all get along here just fine while we bask in vintage V10.

Thanks for everything you do,
TT

Thanks, I will try that.
Chris
I think you could do like this.
Assign an external controller to either the depth or frequency of the tremolo. Then check what's the cc value of that controller. Ext controller 2 has cc value 17. Chose an ia switch on the mfc.

Press EDIT: MIDI: PAGE 7X, choose ia number (12, maybe or some other that is free)and set function to None.

Press EDIT: MIDI: PAGE 8x
Choose cc number 17, for Ia switch 12

Press EDIT: MIDI: PAGE 9x
Set OFF 000 ON 127, for Ia switch 12
SAVE

Back
Top Bottom