Swap Scenes/Channels

It would be nice to be able to, for example, Swap Channel B with Channel D... or Scene 1 with Scene 4.

Right now, if I have all four channels that I like, but not in the right order, I have to sacrifice one of them so that I can do a chain of copying in order to get them in the order I would want them in.

Needless to say, you guys are doing a phenomenal job. Thanks so much.

Right now you can copy a scene to another scene, but you lose the scene you copy over. I too would like to be able to simple swap any scene with another scene inside the preset. Would be a good feature to add.

Would love to be able to swap scenes and have the names "Stick" to the scene when it has swapped. It would help a lot if the name copied with the scene

+1. Really needed this the other day. Would be nice to be able to copy a scene, change presets, then paste the scene - rather than just copy/paste or "copy scene __ to scene __" This can be handy, but if you're rearranging scenes it can get hairy and you risk copying over scenes you needed still.

So yeah - +1 on swapping scenes WITH scene names.

THIS. Befuddles me that the name does not copy.
Some argued that there are times when you are copying scenes to other locations as templates, and they will need different names at some point... But I still would rather have the name carried over, even in those cases? You will have to re-name them anyway. At least you can easily see what each scene is after pasting?

I haven't really seen a good argument for not including the scene names? It would seem to be in the minority to me??

I haven't really seen a good argument for not including the scene names? It would seem to be in the minority to me??
Let’s say you’re creating a new preset. You’ll have three scenes: Clean, Rhythm and Lead. You name them now, because all your future editing work will be based on that.

Now let’s say that you’ve just finished building your Rhythm scene. You know that you want your Lead scene to be based on your Rhythm scene, so you copy Rhythm to Lead as a starting point. You don’t want the name to copy over, because this is never gonna not be your Lead scene. If the name copied, it would just be extra work for you to undo that.

Now let’s say you changed your mind, and you decide that your Clean scene would be a better foundation for your Lead scene (maybe you’ll just add a Drive to it). So you copy your Clean scene into Lead. Just like before, if the scene name copied too, it would be a pain in the ass and extra work for you. Better that the name doesn’t copy over — this is forever your Lead scene until you explicitly decide to make it something else... and change its name when (and only when) you want to change it.

Let’s say you’re creating a new preset. You’ll have three scenes: Clean, Rhythm and Lead. You name them now, because all your future editing work will be based on that.

Now let’s say that you’ve just finished building your Rhythm scene. You know that you want your Lead scene to be based on your Rhythm scene, so you copy Rhythm to Lead as a starting point. You don’t want the name to copy over, because this is never gonna not be your Lead scene. If the name copied, it would just be extra work for you to undo that.

Now let’s say you changed your mind, and you decide that your Clean scene would be a better foundation for your Lead scene (maybe you’ll just add a Drive to it). So you copy your Clean scene into Lead. Just like before, if the scene name copied too, it would be a pain in the ass and extra work for you. Better that the name doesn’t copy over — this is forever your Lead scene until you explicitly decide to make it something else... and change its name when (and only when) you want to change it.
Fair enough... I guess it's just a difference of workflow. I don't think I would ever run into that situation. I typically name the scenes at the very end of the process. And then sometimes I decide to rearrange the scenes, or a customer would like to rearrange the scenes. Then I, or they have to rename them.

Maybe an option to include or ignore the name, either globally, or when copying and pasting?

The primary reason that I copy Scenes is to re-organize them. If we could swap or move scenes and retain the source name, then I would be OK with a copy retaining the name of the destination, not the source.

I understand what you're saying, but this sounds like an odd approach. If I copy a scene as a starting point for another scene, I plan to tweak that scene anyways and having to change the name seems to "lead" (or, whatever) is something that makes a lot more sense to me. The situation I find myself in is that when I copy a scene and the name doesn't change, I end up with two scenes with the same settings, but different names. I have to remember to immediately go to the destination and update the name.

Fair enough... I guess it's just a difference of workflow. I don't think I would ever run into that situation. I typically name the scenes at the very end of the process. And then sometimes I decide to rearrange the scenes, or a customer would like to rearrange the scenes. Then I, or they have to rename them.

Maybe an option to include or ignore the name, either globally, or when copying and pasting?

Agreed.... same here.

Back
Top Bottom