SV Bass + Mysterious 4x12 CLIP!

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor

The bass tone is SV Bass Mix 2 and SV Bass amp sim with basic settings and just a little bit of compression in the mix. Other than that it's raw. It definitely takes it's space correctly. :)

Guitars were tracked with a mysterious 4x12 cab that might be out "soon". It's the one that I have two Alloy IRs in my user slots 1 and 2. That's how awesome it is. ;)

Opinions on not mixing and sounding like this? :lol

Opinions on the song? It might become a Clark Kent Job song in future maybe.

Tight riff, nice tone.

P.S. Why the teaser/mystery approach? It's probably me but TBH it drives me away instead of drawing attention.

Timing (of the bass and guitars) is, according to my preferences, nothing short of sublime. When in compositions like this the timing's off the song might sound rushed or even "tumble over". I'm a timinggeek so forgive me that that's in fact the first thing I noticed.

Mikko - any plans for more bass IR's down the road? I tried out the SV bass IR's that i purchased yesterday and they are wicked good! I will buy any bass pack you put out broski

Tight riff, nice tone.

P.S. Why the teaser/mystery approach? It's probably me but TBH it drives me away instead of drawing attention.

I thought about this critically for a second because I feel slightly the same way, but this does gives people a chance to judge by their ears and not eyes. Some people could be inclined to skip over a cab pack based on them only having interest in one particular maker of cabinets, and miss out on the soundscapes possible with other cab makers.

Thanks for the nice words guys!

The mystery is because I don't know when the pack is out and I don't want to make people complain about "soon". Yek you're a beta tester so you should know soon enough. ;)

There's something quite unique about this pack that I would love to mention but timing-wise it's not wise. Game changer? Maybe. :)

Reactions: yek
I'm just adding speculation and figured you guys at least live on the same side of the Atlantic haha. Besides, I know you and Fractal both talked to Periphery members about possible collaborating on a cab pack so it didn't seem impossible.

Even if it isn't to do with Nolly I'm going to guess Zilla for now...unless you hand built your own 412 cab. Maybe that is why you're giving it so much appraisal...

Back
Top Bottom