SV Bass Cab Pack: One Inch Deeper ("SOON")

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor

This bass cab will be out "soon" so I wanted to demonstrate what I've learned while doing these tests. F.ex. this particular bass sound is going through a single MD421 IR. I found that when blending IRs for bass you start losing clarity. So essentially it's doing the same thing as with guitars but with bass you don't usually have the problem of it sounding too harsh but vice versa you might want to get more cut so for this particular clip I didn't want to blend any IRs. Obviously if you want that low end fullness in a mix that kills small animals then blend all mics in like I did in this clip:

So the question is... can you wait two weeks for the SV Bass Cab Pack to come out? :S

Thank you guys for the comments! :) "Soon" is inevitable but let's see what happens.

Now yer talk-in CK! How about shooting some Aguilar and Mark bass cab IRs while yer at it! ;)

Definitely. If this Cab Pack ends up being successful I'm definitely doing more bass Cab Packs. :)

You have one week!

:p

Pauly

This bass cab will be out "soon" so I wanted to demonstrate what I've learned while doing these tests. F.ex. this particular bass sound is going through a single MD421 IR. I found that when blending IRs for bass you start losing clarity. So essentially it's doing the same thing as with guitars but with bass you don't usually have the problem of it sounding too harsh but vice versa you might want to get more cut so for this particular clip I didn't want to blend any IRs. Obviously if you want that low end fullness in a mix that kills small animals then blend all mics in like I did in this clip:

So the question is... can you wait two weeks for the SV Bass Cab Pack to come out? :S

That sounds killer. I Cant wait! Also, do you have any tone tips you can share Clark? As a guitarist I struggle with getting a good bass recording tone. Which amp was that?

That sounds killer. I Cant wait! Also, do you have any tone tips you can share Clark? As a guitarist I struggle with getting a good bass recording tone. Which amp was that?

Yeah definitely. I'm going to start doing more tutorials for all Cab Pack etc. starting... next month? :) That's the SV Bass amp. Split signal with a fuzz on the dirty tone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom