Sustainiac Patch or feedback?

vintageguitarz

Inspired
I \'ve been seriously considering using a Sustainiac one of my my Tom Anderson guitars but frankly wish there was an axe fx preset that someone had that did the trick. Can anybody give me there honest thoughts on the Sustainiac vs a patch that might work as an effec that closely emulates the Sustainiac?

Thanks Brian

I think it'd be a great match to the AxeFx. While I've heard some controlled feedback with the Axe, it's not "easy" to get and certainly not on the order of Sustainiac feedback.

I thought there was a simulated feedback example that someone did, but I did a quick search and couldn't find it ....

It involved using an expression pedal with a pitch block to actually move it from the fundamental to a harmonic, it was really cool ....

Anyone else remember it ?

yes, it is really great to reproduce the harmonic feedback. The sound isbthe same although you must to set for high notes diferentt options of those aplied for low notes. So if you setting upp for high notes and play low notes wont be good. You Will not have a infinit sustainer as in the original device, is just the harmonic sound.

meganecrobump

From and including: Saturday, July 16, 2011
To and including: Saturday, November 10, 2018

Result: 2675 days
It is 2675 days from the start date to the end date, end date included.

Or 7 years, 3 months, 26 days including the end date.

Or 87 months, 26 days including the end date.

meganecrobump

From and including: Saturday, July 16, 2011
To and including: Saturday, November 10, 2018

Result: 2675 days
It is 2675 days from the start date to the end date, end date included.

Or 7 years, 3 months, 26 days including the end date.

Or 87 months, 26 days including the end date.
This might be a new record! I'm pretty sure it's the largest time span I've seen...

Got to give @taavila props for using the 'search' function. Most don't. Just got to look at the date of the original post. Things move so fast around here that the older a post is, the more likely that it's no longer relevant?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Got to give @taavila props for using the 'search' function. Most don't. Just got to look at the date of the original post. Things move so fast around here that the older a post is, the more likely that it's no longer relevant?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
That is a fair point ;)

On some forums I participate in they have an 'archive' function where older threads are still searchable and readable, but, no further postings are allowed, which prevents the "necro-bump" after a certain length of time.

Given we've got things like threads about FW Q10, and very old threads talking about FW10, it can certainly cause some confusion, or at least excitement following my disappointing if someone bumps and old thread called "Axe-Fx II Firmware 11.0". Everyone is going to see that and thing the Axe II just got some exciting new features, not that its about 25 versions old LOL

Very common for newer forum users/members not to realize there is a date on threads.

Which is why there should be shaming. Tar and feathers. Being locked at the FAS town square and to be pelted with rotten tomatoes. At the very least massive ridicule. :D

I still find it hard to understand why people necro threads, because unless you're an internet n00b thread necro is frowned upon on almost every forum.

Sorry guys for any inconvenience. The post is older and i didnt pay attention I was trying to help someone that probably as can be noted was not answeared. Its good to know that this comunity of Axe II is so active with many experts after version III. So I Will have the chance to put my doubts. My apologizes for take your time no paying attention to the date

Back
Top Bottom