SURGE PROTECTORS and Stuff

surge protection isn't the same as using a fuse. Surge protection utilizes GDT's and MOV's etc to quickly divert lightning energy to ground, while fuses protect from a longer term line fault.

I'd recommend surge protection along with your switch, something to prevent lightning damage. Although both couldn't hurt.

I would think surge protection befor a line fuse for the very reason GTBorderlines posted, chances are your gear will see a surge before a short.

The first version of my board had a small 6 outlet with surge protection bought from HD. I just loped off the cord and soldered it right to the IEC connector (panel mount) and fastened it under the board worked great!

Ah bummer. Ya, I bought this back in 2009 so it's been awhile. Great unit.

I don't know why they stop making these types of power strips, I have an old Power Werks unit (Portable power pro 2020) and this thing is built like a tank. I have had it since 2004 and have done numerous gigs with it. 12' cord 1800 watts, LED line voltage indicator, 8 switched outlets and 4 always on with a utility light, Like the Furman unit it is a great piece of gear.

Back
Top Bottom