Surface Pro 3 doesn't see attached keyboard

Dpoirier

Fractal Fanatic
Not sure if I'll be lucky enough to stumble on someone here who knows about this, but since this is such a helpful community...

My Microsoft Surface Pro 3 has an attached (removable) "cover type" keyboard and it stopped working. I thought the keyboard itself was at fault (connections in the folding part where it attaches to the Surface are a weak point), but I tried with a brand new keyboard with the same results.

I tried to clean the connectors with DeOxit, tried updating the drivers (already up-to-date), I tried many things. In desperation, I even did a full reset and reinstalled Windows 10...still no joy.

I'm thinking the port inside the Surface is somehow damaged? I called around, not many repair shops can open these up...

Any thoughts?

I know it can still be used as a tablet, but I needed it as a super-portable laptop.

Thanks to any kind soul who has advice for me.

Take it to an MS Store? I wouldn't have used DeOxit on that to begin with... but if it's under warranty MS will fix it, and if not, they'll at least give you a guess on cost to repair. I wouldn't trust a third party repair for the SP line.

Back
Top Bottom