AFIII Supremo Trem.

Burgs

Power User
Sometimes I don't appreciate the special qualities of any given amp until I've finished recording, mixing and am listening back. Then I finally get it! I'm a slow learner. Such has been my experience with the mighty Supro 1964T model (Supremo Trem) as demonstrated here. I started with the factory preset and tweaked a couple of things, just a little bit. I'll be using this one again, for sure.

Awesome sound! I’ll look into that amp ‘cause I could definitely use that sound.

I really love how these crazy chameleon-like devices enrich our ability to make music. In an instant they flip from sounding like one legendary amp and rig to another, and it’s inspiring, and causes us to react with some sort of latent musical muscle memory and channel songs we didn’t know were hiding inside us.

Yesterday I was working on four related presets to test myself and demonstrate a concept, and grabbed one of @Burgs presets as a starting point and ended up going down a rabbit hole happily rocking out, headphones on, just me, a PRS Studio, and the glorious arena-filling sound. Back in the late sixties I never expected that these devices would ever exist but I’m really glad they do.

Very tasty.
Thanks, Matt. I am pleasantly surprised by the Youtube comments for this one - not one has drawn the tired old comparison between modellers and 'real' amps.
Awesome sound! I’ll look into that amp ‘cause I could definitely use that sound.

I really love how these crazy chameleon-like devices enrich our ability to make music. In an instant they flip from sounding like one legendary amp and rig to another, and it’s inspiring, and causes us to react with some sort of latent musical muscle memory and channel songs we didn’t know were hiding inside us.

Yesterday I was working on four related presets to test myself and demonstrate a concept, and grabbed one of @Burgs presets as a starting point and ended up going down a rabbit hole happily rocking out, headphones on, just me, a PRS Studio, and the glorious arena-filling sound. Back in the late sixties I never expected that these devices would ever exist but I’m really glad they do.
Glad to help, Greg. I feel the same way and feel fortunate to have the Axe in my life. It's changed everything.
Is that song on the extended version of Sgt. Peppers?
Er, no. 😁
Would you mind sharing the preset Brett? Love it!
Sure thing. I'll tidy it up and pop it up later today (and post a link here).
Truly inspirational Brett! Thank you friend.
Thanks, Johnny!
Therrrre we go!
Cheers, Cooper!

This is awesome Burgs - I gotta try this with my 'tele'. I remember really liking the Supremo Trem preset when I got my AxeFX III, but I never came back to it for some reason. I especially liked the tremolo, and I have otherwise never really liked tremolo - I think, I used the Bias Trem in the amp block. It sounds awesome with this amp.

Hmm ... Is it intentional that the tone knob works opposite compared to most other amps. As you increase the tone knob value, the tone gets darker. Also, does anybody else find the amp a bit dark in general? My 'tele' is by far my brightest guitar, but I still thought it sounded very dark on both Burgs preset and the factory one.

Burgs, thanks for sharing this. I’m really loving this amp with my Tele. Probably wouldn’t have tried it otherwise.

Nice! Thanks for reminding me of this little gem! Really digging it paired with York's Deluxe 1x12 Oxford....
Update: SRO, Vox Blues, and P10Qs also souns fantastic with this. It kicked out the Trainwrecks from a handful of my presets where I ride the edge of breakup....

Burgs, thanks for sharing this. I’m really loving this amp with my Tele. Probably wouldn’t have tried it otherwise.
Sounds amazing with everything I've plugged into it, but really shines on Strat bridge+middle, Tele bridge+neck and OOP bridge+neck, and bridge alone on both. Likes the P90s in my Noventa Jazzmaster, too. Spent a couple hours with it finding my 4 fave cabs to go with it, and put them all in one cab block, and added it to the block library....

Back
Top Bottom