Supremo Trem (Supro 1624) is AMAZING!

I recently discovered the Supro 1624 in the Axe Fx III. HOLY CRAP! It blows the Vox/Morgan style amps away so easily. It was a tad too bright at first but get the high cut up a bit and you are in proper 70s rock zone. Anybody else use this amp often? Any tips/tricks I should try?

I'm using my Ibanez Woody JEM (sonically, a cross between a Les Paul and a Tele) and a new RG1070FM (Very much a Les Paul tone in HSH).

Not sure if you're aware, but New Zealand isn't part of Australia. I know Americans aren't well known for their geographical knowledge but give us a break man....that's like calling an American a Canadian lol. :D

All in jest my friend.
What the hell? I would swear that said Australia in your location when I replied...

Seriously, I do know the difference between an Aussie and a Kiwi... Man, I can't buy a break today :(

Back to being On Topic.. I will give this a try as soon as I possibly can.. I’ve never even fired up any of the Supremo Amps, (nor the Oranges for that matter) for no other reason than I’ve just really never thought much of them nor ever seen or heard a whole lot about ‘em.
On a side note: unfortunately my poor best good pal in the whole wide world blew out his CCL about a year ago, which is the equivalent to the ACL in humans. So he had to finally get surgery, which went great & he is doing fantastic, but we had to rearrange some things to keep him relegated to the floor. He’s got his doggie bed & an entire queen mattress on the living room floor but he still wants to be on the couch cause that’s where the love is.. even though one of us is pretty much always on the mattress with him.. lol. Anyway, it’s kinda put a slight wrench into the normal easy access to my rig for now.. but that’s okay, he’s totally 110% worth every note I get to save to play for a later day.

Glad to hear about your pup. We got our rigs/toys that we "love" (made by clever humans) and those animal "rigs" that we love and love us (all made by clever nature/god). Organic creatures aren't quite as tweakable as the AFX, but tech can't give love, yet -- and I hope it never can. Although people (the brain?) confuse interactions with a device (~dopamine) with a kind of love...

Not to say the Supremo ain't supremo! (back on topic)

Finally got a chance to give the Supro a rip.. not a bad amp for a straight up two knob deal.. although it is bright even with a 1x15 which I used the M160. So, I ended up cheating a bit and just flipped Off the Bright switch. Tried it with the RC Boost which was cool, gave it kind of a more fuzz vibe to it, but then I put the Eternal Love in front set up as a boost and that was rippin. Very nice..
*Side note update: Puppy is doing really well, walking better than he was before the surgery & it’s only been 5 days. He’s obviously still a bit soar, but doing way better than we ever expected at this point. So happy for him for when he gets the full green light so he can go do all the important dog stuff that they do pain free.

Tried the Supremo yesterday. Definitely in a similar vein to the AC20, but with a bit more low end. It really loves my Strat. I ended up using an AC30 Vox Blue IR with it. Will have to try it with the 360/12 and see how that sounds....

Tried the Supremo yesterday. Definitely in a similar vein to the AC20, but with a bit more low end. It really loves my Strat. I ended up using an AC30 Vox Blue IR with it. Will have to try it with the 360/12 and see how that sounds....
What’s the 360/12?

I had a Supro Galaxy 2x12 combo amp back in the early 70's. In fact, I still have the cabinet with the original Jensen 2x12 and I use it all time with my Hughes & Kettner Grandmeister Deluxe 40 head when I'm not using my III + CLR Fractal rig. Those old Jensen speakers are pure magic and so responsive! I have offered to loan the cabinet to FAS for future IR captures. I'd love to see it in the III.

ATTACH=full]55293[/ATTACH] 1C646D7B-755F-4DD6-BA06-23E6F61E238A.jpeg 608399CC-0D53-4F25-940C-25D2CC02C71B.jpeg

Attachments

• 0A2D2C79-F92E-4350-ADA2-90491AA66AFD.jpeg
    0A2D2C79-F92E-4350-ADA2-90491AA66AFD.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I recently discovered the Supro 1624 in the Axe Fx III. HOLY CRAP! It blows the Vox/Morgan style amps away so easily. It was a tad too bright at first but get the high cut up a bit and you are in proper 70s rock zone. Anybody else use this amp often? Any tips/tricks I should try?

Just tried and it sounds amazing. What cab are you using it with?

Back
Top Bottom