Support bag

Sixstring

Legend!
I have been schlepping around an old leather overnight bag to carry spare instrument cables ,tools, adapters, strings etc. The zippers are wore out and it is kind of cumbersome to dig through. So I'm wondering what others have come up with to fill this role what are you guys using?

That's what I use... Leather duffel with a bunch of external pockets plus a luggage handle and wheels on one end.

When it gives up the ghost I'll be in a similar boat :)

The one I'm using just has 3 pockets, 2 medium on either end and a large one in the middle two small pockets on the outside of the large one, no wheels and 2 loop style handles that have a strap that snaps together.

I have a 2-wheeled 3-slot rolling overnight/laptop case that fits my Roland GR-55, my microphone, two Android tablets, my wireless transmitter, and a boatload of other small bits, pieces, and tools. Found it in brand-new shape in the garbage bin at work about 5 or 6 years ago. For cables, including all of our PA and power cables, I picked up one of these. Great investment, IMO.

Actually, mine is very similar but a different brand. It doesn't look like the brand I have (Phitz) is selling a cable bag anymore.

[Edit to add]

Not sure why the original link went south, but search Amazon for "Cable File Bag" and you'll find it.

Last edited:
I use a Home Depot / Lowes tool bag. It's 15 or 16".
$20-$30 and very durable.

I have a 2-wheeled 3-slot rolling overnight/laptop case that fits my Roland GR-55, my microphone, two Android tablets, my wireless transmitter, and a boatload of other small bits, pieces, and tools. Found it in brand-new shape in the garbage bin at work about 5 or 6 years ago. For cables, including all of our PA and power cables, I picked up one of these. Great investment, IMO.

Amazon product ASIN B00BJ8Q49S
Actually, mine is very similar but a different brand. It doesn't look like the brand I have (Phitz) is selling a cable bag anymore.
I like this one a lot I just wish they had it in a half size.

And all you have to do is look...

Amazon product ASIN B00NFZAINQ

Amazon product ASIN B00BJ8Q49S
Can you move/remove the dividers in the center?

Swiss backpack. iPad, capos, slide, picks, flashlight, strings, various tools, spare cables, microphone, wireless belt pack, travel guitar stands, guitar straps and on and on.

Lots of compartments, pockets, sleeves. Almost 12 years old and no rips or tears.

I got tired of replacing bags, so I "bit the bullet" and bought a tactical bag (Maxpedition MPB). I've been using it for ten years, and it looks like it did the day I bought it. It is virtually indestructible. Expensive, but worth it. Lots of compartments for everything. Top quality design, materials, and construction. It will last a lifetime.

https://www.maxpedition.com/collections/bags/products/mpb-multi-purpose-bag

You can find it a bit cheaper on other sites, such as Amazon.

Been using one of these for years: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939221689/midwayusa-competition-range-bag-system

Not cheap, but it's held up well. Really depends how much you need to carry, it's a big bag. I carry around spares for everything, plus mics, straps, etc.
If I needed a bigger bag, I think I'd go with this one. I've come to realize that an 'expensive' bag is not as expensive as a long line of failed cheap ones that don't do the job as well even when they are new.

I admit, I'm probably too particular. I made a list of everything I needed to carry along with their dimensions, and searched for a bag that would best accommodate my needs. I passed up cheaper bags because the configuration was not as well-suited for me.

Can you move/remove the dividers in the center?

Yes, they're held in place with Velcro. Easy to adjust, and they stay in place well. (Although my bag's pretty packed.)

Cable%20Bag%20800.jpg

Perfect. I bought a hard side ridged tool box from home depot. Its big enough but the same old problem of pulling everything out to find the one cable thats at the bottom. This company makes and sell the perfect cable bag. They have a large and smaller size.

http://www.cablephyle.com/index.html

Back
Top Bottom