Supertweed Love

hoth

Inspired
Just sending out some love for the Supertweed. It is possibly the best model I have ever played in any modeler bar none. The whole gain structure has just been absolutely nailed and that is no easy feat. I'm playing it through the Tweedverb cab #134 for the last few weeks and I get lost in it for hours. If I had a box with just this model and the effects I could be content for a long time.

Just sending out some love for the Supertweed. It is possibly the best model I have ever played in any modeler bar none. The whole gain structure has just been absolutely nailed and that is no easy feat. I'm playing it through the Tweedverb cab #134 for the last few weeks and I get lost in it for hours. If I had a box with just this model and the effects I could be content for a long time.

I think you do sir have one..!
perhaps a screen shot of the amp settings you are using and cab ?
Id like to hear it for sure and try it out...

I don't do a lot to it. B=4.02, M=5.91, 4.65. I push depth to 1.50. Cab is just the stock #134.

I know the Supertweed is an FAS original and not exactly any tweed in history but it just feels like the best tweed I have ever played.

I bet thats exactly what FAS intended to outdo any "tweed tube amp" out there...
sounds like they have...

I'm waiting for the day, which probably isn't too far off, where a builder of discrete/analog hardware amps says "It sounds just like a Fractal [insert amp name here]" as a marketing thing.

I don't know, seems to have too much gain to me. I have visited that model several times and have never found the sweet spot. Will try it again today with the cab you mentioned.

Yeah, dropping the input drive was something Scott said he needs to do with the Supertweed. I was using SC's so I was fine. Most of the issues with gain in the real life tweeds that cause all the mods people make I find unnecessary in the model.

Back
Top Bottom