Superior Drummer question.

shadoe

Experienced
I know this isn't the right forum. However, I know a lot of you (including my self) use superior drummer.

I was wondering if there is way you could use a regular Superior Drummer snare (from the NY Avatar) along with the drums in the Drum Kit From Hell.

Thanks in advance.

Are you talking about what I believe was a re-release of the original DFH as an EZX?

Any SDX or EZX you have (and the original Superior stuff if you happen to own any of that) can as far as I know be mixed and matched however you please in S2.0. If you want to create a snare sound by layering one from Avatar, one from Metal Foundry, and one from that electronic one... no problem. If you want a snare from one pack, a kick from another, a hi-hat from another, etc. etc., again, no problem.

I've in the past mixed things from Avatar, Metal Foundry, and the original Superior into one kit.

If you're talking about the very first DFH though (just a sample set, no plugin), then the answer is no. You'd have to run those samples in another sampler and do whatever creative fiddling about in your DAW to get it to work however you want.

Although I don't have SD loaded on this computer, I'm pretty certain you can do exactly what you described in the OP. On the 'Construct' page in SD, in the upper right-hand corner, the 'X-drum' drop-down menu lets you choose any drum from any of the collections you have loaded. You can mix and match to your hearts content. You can even trigger two drums with the same trigger. So if you liked one snare for the shell tone and another snare for the snare wires tone, you can blend them together to get the ultimate sound. I'm new to Superior Drummer but so far, I'm completely stoked. Great tones.

On the 'Construct' page in SD, in the upper right-hand corner, the 'X-drum' drop-down menu lets you choose any drum from any of the collections you have loaded.

Yeah, I suppose somewhere in my ramblings it would have been nice if I'd actually explained to at least some degree how to do it. :lol

X-Drums is right. Aside from combining several SD/EZ products into one kit, it also means that within one kit (say, Avatar) you're not confined to the number of bits 'n' pieces in the kit's basic design. So, Avatar has one snare drum slot. If you want to load up a big fat main snare, and then a nice bright snappy snare for different parts of a song, you can just load the 2nd one as an X-Drum. Or yeah, use the whole nodes thing to layer them on the same note if you wanted to blend the two sounds together. If you like two cymbals that sit in the same position and don't want to have to pick one or the other... load 'em both!

Mind you, layering isn't just snare on snare, or kick on kick on kick, or whatever. You can do whatever you want with it. If you want every snare hit to include a hint of cowbell, or all your toms to come with the low end thump of a (heavily low-passed) kick drum, or whatever...

Interesting! I should really start to dig into constructing my own kit in SD... But there is so much to learn. Compression, routing, reverb, etc.

Although I don't have SD loaded on this computer, I'm pretty certain you can do exactly what you described in the OP. On the 'Construct' page in SD, in the upper right-hand corner, the 'X-drum' drop-down menu lets you choose any drum from any of the collections you have loaded. You can mix and match to your hearts content. You can even trigger two drums with the same trigger. So if you liked one snare for the shell tone and another snare for the snare wires tone, you can blend them together to get the ultimate sound. I'm new to Superior Drummer but so far, I'm completely stoked. Great tones.

Spoken like a true veteran... ;)

Back
Top Bottom