Superior Drummer 3 ~ Features Nice ~ Results Dismal for me

Anyone own SD2, EZD2 and SD3? I'm wondering if SD3 has all the EZD2 functions that are missing in SD2?

I bought SD2 last year on black Friday when it was on sale for $75. I like the sounds better in SD2 but I wanted to buy EZD2 for its ease of use and work flow enhancements but it wasn't on sale and would have been more expensive than SD2. If SD3 has all the features of SD2 and SD3, I'm definitely upgrading.
I believe it has the tap to find and all of the MIDI editing features that EZD2 has.

It definitely has some great sounds in the limited time I've had to play with it. I think it's a real step up on that. I have been busy with other things since I got it, so I still haven't even had time to more than one basic song and figure out some of the mixer layout features a bit. Barely even scratched the surface of it, really. I see it getting rave reviews on a few other recording forums, so I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in liking the way it sounds.

I crossgraded from EZ drummer 2 this AM and so far very pleased with the program...will prolly cause me to venture into some surround mixing...
Also , don’t know if it’s because I loaded all SD3 audio files on a fast SSD, but the loading and general feel of the app is much faster than EZD2, and yes it has all the good tap to find and song creator stuff from EZD.

Last edited:
Anyone own SD2, EZD2 and SD3? I'm wondering if SD3 has all the EZD2 functions that are missing in SD2?

All the features and then a ton more. Tap-to-find is included. Due to resizable windows the mixer seems far easier to use and has some nice new fx. MIDI grid editor is nice. Custom drum kits are easy to build. Groove browser seems easier to me to drill down. A lot of previously obscure controls are easier to find. Totally backwards compatible regarding previous SDX-EZX purchases. I got a couple of issues ironed out and started in on a custom kit and getting much better results than I started with.

Just upgraded my SD2 to SD3. I ordered the SSD and I'm still figuring out things. I also ordered the Alesis Strike Pro to use with it and so far it's not been a great experience. They are both ok separately but together I'm struggling. I'm not a drummer so as soon as my drummer gets back from playing in England I'm going to hit him up for some help.

Back
Top Bottom