Superior Drummer 2.0 on sale!!!

I just bought ezDrummer with Metal Machine for $99 from them. Gonna now get the crossgrade to Superior for $89. Good deal!

Completely ignorant question: is this a drum sample player only, or is it also used to construct patterns? I've got Kontact, and I've got some good drum sounds. What I need is a tool that makes it easy to write grooves and complete drum parts. I've also got a Boss drum machine, but haven't touched it -too slow for developing sounds.

Anyone know anything that is easy and fast for developing drum parts?

Thanks.

Completely ignorant question: is this a drum sample player only, or is it also used to construct patterns? I've got Kontact, and I've got some good drum sounds. What I need is a tool that makes it easy to write grooves and complete drum parts. I've also got a Boss drum machine, but haven't touched it -too slow for developing sounds.

Thanks.

jamstix if you are on PC

Thanks.

Fruity loops is HANDS DOWN the best way to write grooves. It gives you a grid for each track with subdivided beats. You just click where you want that track to hit. For instance, if you want it divided into 16th notes, you select that and it shows you 4 "slots" per beat. Just click each slot you want a hit for that track.

Alternatively, you could use a midi keyboard to play the notes, which would give you some control over the velocity/dynamics of each hit.

Back when I used to write grooves with drum machines I started with a Linndrum, then R8. Then I went to Battery, either using the R8 as a controller or a keyboard. Still, if I have to. But I stopped trying to spin my wheels and decided that it's better for me to write my chart and give it to a drummer. I'm lucky in that I have a studio and access to great musicians.

Fruity loops is HANDS DOWN the best way to write grooves. It gives you a grid for each track with subdivided beats. You just click where you want that track to hit. For instance, if you want it divided into 16th notes, you select that and it shows you 4 "slots" per beat. Just click each slot you want a hit for that track.

Alternatively, you could use a midi keyboard to play the notes, which would give you some control over the velocity/dynamics of each hit.

What I like about jamstix is you tell the type of beat, the style, the drummer, the song structure and it constructs the groove on the fly. You can fine tune and change things but it creates a whole song in seconds. That includes variations, dynamics, fills, L/R hand techniques, birdges, intros, outros, etc.

http://www.rayzoon.com/

What I like about jamstix is you tell the type of beat, the style, the drummer, the song structure and it constructs the groove on the fly. You can fine tune and change things but it creates a whole song in seconds. That includes variations, dynamics, fills, L/R hand techniques, birdges, intros, outros, etc.

Rayzoon - Virtual Drum Software

oooooooooooooooooo! I haven't heard of that before, but I'm checking it out. Programming drums is a pain in the ass.

I have not tried 3. Previously (during testing, previous version), I used Superior as the sound source.

Back when I used to write grooves with drum machines I started with a Linndrum, then R8. Then I went to Battery, either using the R8 as a controller or a keyboard. Still, if I have to. But I stopped trying to spin my wheels and decided that it's better for me to write my chart and give it to a drummer. I'm lucky in that I have a studio and access to great musicians.

I started with an Oberheim, back in. oh, '83 or something. got goo at it, but haven't the patience. jamstix sounds like it might be perfect for a lazy bastard like me. I have done some really nice stuff in Live, using commercial loops (that I detuned, slowed-down, and otherwise digitally molested) but even that was quite time consuming. At its best, though, it really sounded like a flesh and blood drummer - lots of accents, velocity stuff etc.

But these days, I just want to get a chill drum track going for my length an meter, tweak it a bit, and then start overubbing...

Have any of you guys tried using Stylus RMX by Spectrasonics? It has great loops (in a variety of genres via the expansion packs) that you can leave alone or randomize/customize as much as you like.

Back
Top Bottom