Super-Djent-y Atomica Tone

Recon24

So, I saw the great Mr. Leon Todd mention on the forum recently that the Atomica is a bit similar to the Fortin stuff (modded Marshall and whatnot), so decided to give it a go.

No idea how close it actually is but OH BOY it is indeed a ridiculously over-the-top djent/metal tone.

Using the filter block to very roughly approximate the Grind (Tilt EQ, 10db at 300hz, LPF at 10khz) and it clears the low end up insanely well, totally different vibe from my usual tubescreamer variants.

ML MEGA OS Infamous Mix for the cab.

Thaks man. I think I start to experiment with active tonestack for Fortin-ish sound.
No problem at all.

Whatever works and sounds good. AFAIK the Fortin stuff is just a straightforward JCM-style tonestack, but the active option will definitely give you some more control over things and a different flavor of EQ.

Last edited:
Sweet lord, I would absolutely love to hear that quad tracked in a mix!
It’s obnoxiously aggressive isn’t it? Haha. Thanks for watching man, love all your stuff.

It would indeed sound ridiculous, I’m sure, with the extra girth and smoothed out highs quad tracking would give it. I don’t even wanna think about what a pain this kind of stuff would be to get totally tight when quad tracking though, lol.

That sure dj000nts dude! Very djenty... and here I thought that pop rock dudes only care for the Atomica. :D Definitely have to revisit it.

That sure dj000nts dude! Very djenty... and here I thought that pop rock dudes only care for the Atomica. :D Definitely have to revisit it.

This is maybe a weird comparison, but to my ear it’s almost reminding me of a tighter brighter Uberschall when used for metal like this; it’s got a similarly huge bass rumble happening on palm mutes, but that part of the response only seems to creep in and slowly build on held notes, so it stays together for the faster bits too.

Thanks a bunch again, everyone! I’ll be sure to get some more in-the-mix samples of this and other tones up in the future, on a bit of a break from music the last few weeks but I’ll be back at it ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom