Super clean Strat tones. Just lose the cab and... zzzing! Video and preset download

Burgs

Power User
I think I've touched on this before, but the recent installation of some excellent '62-style Strat pickups in my blue guitar has given me cause to revisit. Some amps have great pre's for this sort of stuff. TriAxis, 5f8, Shiva and X88 are just a few. I've married them with my usual bucket-sized servings of delay and reverb, modulation and other stuff for those sitting at home with nothing to do but twang away on their Strats (or Teles and other SC equipped guitars). Enjoy!

Preset:
https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=8695

Video:

Great and awesome tunes.. next time I'd like to ask you to post strat cleans like SRV and Jimi Hendrix styles.

I for one truly appreciate your creative 'OFF THE CUFF' (spontainious) riffage...what ever the heart-mood dictates demos that is!
Thanks so much Burgs for yet another inspiring sound demo + cleverly assembled preset.
Stay Safe and Rock-On!

Great and awesome tunes.. next time I'd like to ask you to post strat cleans like SRV and Jimi Hendrix styles.
Thanks. I will consider your request although I'm very apprehensive about attempting something I don't consider myself much of an expert in. But I will investigate! Cheers.
That's as clean as it gets! I second the request for SRV and Jimi clean tones. I've been struggling to nail the tone for "Lenny" in particular.
Noted. Thanks for watching.
mmmm....shiny!
Yeah. BYO shades.
I for one truly appreciate your creative 'OFF THE CUFF' (spontainious) riffage...what ever the heart-mood dictates demos that is!
Thanks so much Burgs for yet another inspiring sound demo + cleverly assembled preset.
Stay Safe and Rock-On!
Thanks, Johnny!

I think I've touched on this before, but the recent installation of some excellent '62-style Strat pickups in my blue guitar has given me cause to revisit. Some amps have great pre's for this sort of stuff. TriAxis, 5f8, Shiva and X88 are just a few. I've married them with my usual bucket-sized servings of delay and reverb, modulation and other stuff for those sitting at home with nothing to do but twang away on their Strats (or Teles and other SC equipped guitars). Enjoy!

Preset:
https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=8695

Video:

JJ Sweet. 62s ..incoming..in minty green...going into my Suhr Classic pro. Thanks again for the tip, Brett, you got some skilled pup rollers down there.....

Thanks for a reemphasis on losing the cab to get some tremendous clean tones. Sounds great as always. Cheers, Lee

Sounds amazing!

Question, are those clicks the sound clipping or the Strat twang?
Yep, that would be the percussive thwack of pick on string. One reason to use a cab if it's not appealing, I suppose.
JJ Sweet. 62s ..incoming..in minty green...going into my Suhr Classic pro. Thanks again for the tip, Brett, you got some skilled pup rollers down there.....
Great stuff, Brad. I hope you love yours as much as I love mine. They're quite addictive!
Thanks for a reemphasis on losing the cab to get some tremendous clean tones. Sounds great as always. Cheers, Lee
Cheers, Lee.

Yep, that would be the percussive thwack of pick on string. One reason to use a cab if it's not appealing, I suppose.

Great stuff, Brad. I hope you love yours as much as I love mine. They're quite addictive!

Cheers, Lee.
My luthier convinced me not to modify my Suhr , so.......procured this sweetie, had her pleked and properly set up.....yup.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 16
A cab IR is an equalizer in practicality.

You might want to use a null cab block to utilize its other functions however.

Whenever I need that Nile Rodgers super clean spanky strat I just go "right into the board" like he did. No amp or cab. Just a compressor and eq.

Back
Top Bottom