Super Bowl smok'n fans sound off!

Sixstring

Legend!
Ok it's that time of year so who's it going to be? The fight between the two first ever legalized pot smok'n states, Seattle Sea Hawks or the Denver Brocos let the shot firing began...

ehe6amej.jpg

I'm pulling for Peyton (not the Broncos, there is a distinction) because there's something wrong in the universe if Eli has two SB rings and Peyton only has one. Plus, Peyton deserves to have 3 or 4 based on his play. Otherwise I wouldn't mind the Seahawks winning since they've never won one. I'm mainly hoping for a good game...

Ok so how about Seattle or Denver?

Well I think Seattle have a good chance as they've been pretty strong recently and it would be great to see them win (as a neutral spectator) but Denver put up a good fight to get to the final and they have some strong ball players so I think they will edge it. How'd I do?

I think our friends from the UK put it best when:

View attachment 19542

What's that have to do with the Super Bowl?

Ok Ok I get it I see where your going with this...

Time for a little fact finding to appease the heathens.

• Just as intriguing, for those who like to lambaste American Football being called such when the ball interacts primarily with hands, most of the earliest forms of Football were named thus, not because you kicked a ball with your foot, but because they were played on foot. Peasants played most of their sports on foot; aristocrats played most of theirs on horseback. Thus, games played on foot were called “football”, whether they had anything to do with kicking a ball or not. Indeed, many of the earliest forms of football involved carrying balls in an attempt to get across goal lines passed some opposing team or individual players.

Last edited:
This will be my first SB, I'm going to the Metlife Stadium right now. I watched the season on TV and as a neutral spectator I hope to see a great game and some of Payton's great drives (and I think we'll hear a lot of "Omaha" tonight ;) )

This will be my first SB, I'm going to the Metlife Stadium right now. I watched the season on TV and as a neutral spectator I hope to see a great game and some of Payton's great drives (and I think we'll hear a lot of "Omaha" tonight ;) )

Right on man enjoy the game!

Yeah, I had no dog in this fight, but I was really hoping that Peyton would make history and win one with two different teams and end the conversation. I've said for years that he's the best QB I've ever seen, but I don't see how this doesn't just destroy his legacy. I mean if the game had been a battle that would be one thing, but it was the worst one sided beat down in years. And I'm a Redskins fan so I'm used to ugly. The entire offense was just overmatched to the point that the game was just uncomfortable to watch.

On the other hand it was the first one for Seattle and that is pretty cool. I'm also a big Hokie fan so it was nice seeing Cam Chancellor get some acknowledgement for his play. Dude just sets the tone for that defense and while Sherman and Thomas get a lot of credit he is a huge component in allowing them to play like they do.

How about the NFC West though? They went from laughing stock to dominant in about 3 seasons. It's pretty hard to argue that SF and Seattle aren't the two best teams in the league and Arizona is no joke. And people better not sleep on St Louis either. All of them have slobber knocker defenses and solid or improving running games. We could see 3 teams out of there in the playoffs next season.

Back
Top Bottom