Super aggressive Recto 2 sound.

deathbyguitar

Power User
Here's a little mix test of some stuff I'm working on using OwnHammer Mesa ST and OS impulses. Not the greatest mix (it's only a pre-production demo anyway) but I think you get the picture. I've had good success with using the TS-808 in front of the Recto 2 also with the Cut engaged. What do you think?

I cheated on the bass. It's actually programmed bass running through the Kontakt 5 Player's Funk Bass preset. It's probably my favorite bass tone ever and it's a free plugin. The free version isn't multi-sampled so it sounds kinda fake when soloed but it fits in a mix really well. I'm trying not to use it anymore because I bought a real bass. I don't wanna have programmed drums AND programmed bass if I can help it.

Here's a video I made a while back demoing the plugin for bass.

Also thanks for the kind words, you guys. I've been working on this album for like 10 years and it's finally starting to sound good, especially with my Axe-FX II! I'm hoping to finish it sometime this year and put it online for free.

I think it sounds great man! I really want to hear the finished product.

I appreciate that. You're in Lexington, eh? I'm in Greensboro. Not too far! You in a band or anything? I'd really like to try and find more Fractal guys in the area.

Last edited:
Sounds great! Which of the impulses are you using?

I used the Mesa ST and OS packs, Left was ST Modern 05, right was OS Modern 05. I do this to get a wider stereo image, but so far I like the OS better. May just wanna buy that one and call it a day if you have to get one. The tone isn't quite there for me, but I'm gonna play around with the mids on the amp vs getting more mids through impulses.

I used the Mesa ST and OS packs, Left was ST Modern 05, right was OS Modern 05. I do this to get a wider stereo image, but so far I like the OS better. May just wanna buy that one and call it a day if you have to get one. The tone isn't quite there for me, but I'm gonna play around with the mids on the amp vs getting more mids through impulses.
I actually have both packs already. That's why I asked. They sound pretty good, I'll have to try those two out.

Wow, small world, I'm actually in Winston right where Winston, Kville and Walkertown intersect, I haven't changed my profile I'm in a minute. You play with anyone locally?

Damn I hope I can get a tone like this when my Fractal gear comes soon! This is one of many tones I'm hunting for to record at home with!

Back
Top Bottom