Sunday's worship set at the SD Rock Church

Home Skillet

Inspired
This past weekend was my first time at our Point Loma campus at the Rock Church. We have about approximately 10,000+/- members. I played all five services at 8AM, 10AM, 12PM, 5PM, & 7PM, about 3000 people stream the services around the world. We get a lot of visibility so you can imagine how strict the sound crew is. Our guys have mixed for bands like Hillsongs, Dave Crowder, and many more when they come visit here.

Everyone that plays here have traditional rigs, tube amps, tube combos, pedal boards a mile long, you name it. When I was setting up my AxeII + HD500 pedal (midi only), you could've just seen their lack of enthusiasm of an all digital setup. We have sound check and I spoke with them after if I need to change anything, they said don't change a thing, it sounds great. My preset is pretty simple. I'm using the Double Verb with one of James Santiago's EJ IR's, 2 OD's, Analog Delay, Multi delay for some solos/lines, Med Hall reverb, and a EQ boost for mid Q bump for solos/lines.

After our 10AM service, other (way more seasoned) guitar players came up to me complimenting the tone and how well it sat in the mix. They said that my level was up in the mix and that the sound guys will turn it down if they don't like the tone. Sometimes you'll barely hear the guitar at all. But they loved what was coming out of the AxeII. It was humbling at the same time exciting that they enjoyed the AxeII. I even saw our lead sound engineer yesterday and he was still raving about how great it sounded. I'll post up a clip when they send me the edit.

This meant a lot to me and says a lot about this product and the advancement in digital technology. A huge thank you to Cliff and the ENTIRE Fractal team. On Monday morning I finally got my MFC-101 voucher and ordered it last night, so stoked!
photo 2.jpgphoto.jpgphoto.jpg

Mate, I'm happy for you. That is a real success story of the little guy who took on the kids with the big gear.

My Reward _ Excerpt 9-22-13 - YouTube This is a little clip from 9-22-13 at NewPointe Community Church in Dover, Ohio. We don't multi-track record the audio, so this is just a mix out of the board which streams to the live webcast. Sometimes I take the audio and drop it into a LOGIC Pro session for some mastering plug-ins or generalized reverb, so I can listen to it in itunes in my car, but the audio on this video is the "as is" I got from the church archive page in Vimeo. I'm playing the Black guitar.

Back
Top Bottom