Sultans of Swing - test

esmota

Here is a test recording. Sultans of Swing Dire Straits, recording over the backing track taken from the original music but without the lead guitar - the sound quality is low. I used a Fender Stratocaster with EMG DG20, linked directly Fractal AXE FX II, simulating a Fender amp, with a little delay (which does not have the original, but I like to put a little), reverb, and tape distortion (yes after the amp) to give an appearance of a tape drive. Subject to criticism of my expert friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaVLIUS6WU8

Nicely done! Great tone, and great playing. :encouragement:

What Fender amp model are you using?

That is one of my all time favorite songs and you made it sound spectacular. Beautimus!!!

I may have to learn to play it now!! Thanks for waking me up on a dreary Sunday.

Excellent playing and sound.
I also have a DG20 equiped strat, any hint on getting this sound ?
Which amp/cab ?

Great tone! I also like how you incorporated slow pitch swept bends in with faster 'destination specific' bends! It really adds to the Knopfler feel (who is the reason I play guitar in the first place)! Thanks for sharing! :)

Man, I've been picking at that song for many years without doing it much justice.... and so I have a good idea at what's required to do it well ( no small task for sure)
Your version is most excellent A++ - Well Done! Knpofler would likely let you fill in for him performing it.

Back
Top Bottom