Suhr vs PRS vs ??

More than thirty years ago, I first bought Ibanez Prestige. It was also my first Floyd Rose. I was shocked to see what a fantastic guitar I got into my hand. All my friends were dreaming of Fender or Gibson. I tried them and just smiled. No guitar was as playable as my Prestige.
I had the opportunity to play a large number of guitars, including the Suhr.

If you prefer a lock mechanism, if you have smaller hands, if you want playability and unmatched quality first, then do not think about surface treatment, color, etc.

Today, I own eight guitars, all with Floyd Rose, or their equivalent. All with a fantastic, thin and stable neck. There are two producers who can do it masterfully. Ibanez and PRS.

What is the rating? Two pieces of Ibanez Prestige S, two pieces of Ibanez JCustom RG, two pieces of PRS 24 Custom Floyd, two pieces of PRS 24 Floyd Dustie Waring.

The best neck I've ever played is clearly Dustie Waring. It's thinner than PRS 24Custom Floyd. It's incredible. And it's not as flat as Ibanez.

I admire the musicians in this forum, there are many fantastic artists. Everyone has their favorite musical instrument. Everyone is determined to defend their choice. Fender, Gibson, Ibanez, MM, etc. I wish you much luck at your choice. And a lot of fun to play. Each of us deserves it.

I apologize for my incorrect English :)

More than thirty years ago, I first bought Ibanez Prestige. It was also my first Floyd Rose. I was shocked to see what a fantastic guitar I got into my hand. All my friends were dreaming of Fender or Gibson. I tried them and just smiled. No guitar was as playable as my Prestige.
I had the opportunity to play a large number of guitars, including the Suhr.

If you prefer a lock mechanism, if you have smaller hands, if you want playability and unmatched quality first, then do not think about surface treatment, color, etc.

Today, I own eight guitars, all with Floyd Rose, or their equivalent. All with a fantastic, thin and stable neck. There are two producers who can do it masterfully. Ibanez and PRS.

What is the rating? Two pieces of Ibanez Prestige S, two pieces of Ibanez JCustom RG, two pieces of PRS 24 Custom Floyd, two pieces of PRS 24 Floyd Dustie Waring.

The best neck I've ever played is clearly Dustie Waring. It's thinner than PRS 24Custom Floyd. It's incredible. And it's not as flat as Ibanez.

I admire the musicians in this forum, there are many fantastic artists. Everyone has their favorite musical instrument. Everyone is determined to defend their choice. Fender, Gibson, Ibanez, MM, etc. I wish you much luck at your choice. And a lot of fun to play. Each of us deserves it.

I apologize for my incorrect English :)
Thanks for your input.

I already own about 20 Ibanez guitars.

I'm looking for a different flavor, I think.

The Waring PRS is one I have considered. I appreciate the comparison.

I found a local retailer with a 17 year old Tom Anderson that I really like the looks of.

It's a 2 hour drive, but hoping to test it this weekend along with some others (PRS, Suhr), etc.

I think my next guitar will have an electronics setup like that. I really only need a nice sparkly clean sound or some crunch / singing leads most of the time. That kind of control layout greatly simplifies it. Heck, with the Axe-FX I could probably just wire the pickups in stereo over a TRS and then do the switching using scenes... hmm

I think my next guitar will have an electronics setup like that. I really only need a nice sparkly clean sound or some crunch / singing leads most of the time. That kind of control layout greatly simplifies it. Heck, with the Axe-FX I could probably just wire the pickups in stereo over a TRS and then do the switching using scenes... hmm
I would add a Tone control... And I prefer the finish on the other one (Desert Sand Gradient?)... But I agree.

It's their new Delos model.
Cool. What did it cost you and how do you like it?

I was playing actually spec'ing that model last night. Didn't see a choice for a Floyd Rose, which I'd prefer to have.

I wonder if they would install an Ibanez Edge - that would be my first choice!

Cool. What did it cost you and how do you like it?

I was playing actually spec'ing that model last night. Didn't see a choice for a Floyd Rose, which I'd prefer to have.

I wonder if they would install an Ibanez Edge - that would be my first choice!

Sorry, I just picked that from their FB post, I don't have a Delos. I had a JB200 (with FR) once, and have two 7 string Osiris now. Kiesel is apparently moving away from using FR trems and pushing their own. One of my Osiris' has the Kiesel trem and I'm pretty happy with it. Since the Osiris is headless, it doesn't have the need for a locking nut. So I'm not sure how their own tremolos tuning stability is without a locking nut. I do have lots of other guitars with FR trems and normally also prefer them.

Back
Top Bottom