Suhr Standard Plus

I didn't see any mention about Thorn's new HSS. Was that a consideration? I believe you said your body was mahogany, which is what Pete's is. The HB is his new Thornbucker (maybe called II or something?). Just curious. I love HSS config. It's so dynamic and versatile. I built a Warmoth based of Pete's H+H spec. I even got the wiring diagram by DM'ing Mr. Suhr himself over at that other forum. I thought that was pretty cool of him. The guitar sounds great. I may end up throwing a pick guard on and swapping the neck HB for a single one day. But that's low on my priority list, especially since I have a Charvel HSS that I love.

I didn't see any mention about Thorn's new HSS. Was that a consideration? I believe you said your body was mahogany, which is what Pete's is. The HB is his new Thornbucker (maybe called II or something?). Just curious. I love HSS config. It's so dynamic and versatile. I built a Warmoth based of Pete's H+H spec. I even got the wiring diagram by DM'ing Mr. Suhr himself over at that other forum. I thought that was pretty cool of him. The guitar sounds great. I may end up throwing a pick guard on and swapping the neck HB for a single one day. But that's low on my priority list, especially since I have a Charvel HSS that I love.
The Pete Thorn HSS is actually alder.

Did not know that. I think his H+H is chambered mahogany, which is what I did with the Warmoth. Maybe I missed that and went with a body that was already available on the site.
Yes, The original Pete Thorn sig is Mahogany body and neck with a maple top and rosewood board.
The newer HSS model is an Alder body, maple neck with ebony board.

I have a Suhr and an Anderson. They are very different guitars, I always use the Suhr for R&B, dance, funk, and blues. The single coils are their ML Standards. They've since changed the name to either V60 or V63. Not sure which one. They are fantastic single coils and the SSCII system keeps the guitar quiet in any scenario. Honestly, the singles are quieter than the humbucker...Anderson in case.JPGSuhr Custom Standard.jpg

Back
Top Bottom