Wish Suhr SL68 Please...

Mark Pritchard

Experienced
I know the SL68 is a take of a 1968 Marshall but would love to have this amp in the Axe if Cliff can get his hands on one to create.

It's a great-sounding amp, to be sure, but I sold mine last year (it was the last tube amp I owned) because I didn't think there was anything about it I couldn't re-create with the Axe-FX.

I know the SL68 is a take of a 1968 Marshall but would love to have this amp in the Axe if Cliff can get his hands on one to create.

I think that both John Suhr and Pete Thorn have said that it's "identical" w/ a couple of "filtering" tweaks to accommodate the built-in Variac switch .... I'd love to know what the specific changes were because we've probably already got it if we knew which "tweaks" to make in the advanced tab.

But that said ..., I'm really happy w/ the Plexi sounds I can get already !!!!

I'd take the Plexi 100W model, copy it, and call it SL68.

Yep. And if anybody wants to get really particular about the SL68's master volume control, just set the amp model's built-in Master Volume control in the post phase inverter location and you can even 100% emulate the SL68's Master control on the back. That's all it is.

I bet you could fill quite a few of the new amp requests by copy pasting models and renaming them. Not saying you should tho...
Copying/pasting, flicking a couple of the built-in Ideal switches or adjusting a setting or two. Most, if not all, Marshall clones are based on the same circuits with some known mods or value changes.

It'd probably help if we had a page delineating the appropriate changes to point people to. The Wiki is a good location but we'll need a couple knowledgeable people curating the information.

Copying/pasting, flicking a couple of the built-in Ideal switches or adjusting a setting or two. Most, if not all, Marshall clones are based on the same circuits with some known mods or value changes.

It'd probably help if we had a page delineating the appropriate changes to point people to. The Wiki is a good location but we'll need a couple knowledgeable people curating the information.
"the fractal marshall bible" can you imagine? Mmmm...

That would really cool. I'd also love to know if it is possible to mod the Friedmans to emulate the artist signature models

Back
Top Bottom