Suhr Roasted Neck...

Rain

Fractal Fanatic
Hi everyone I'm ordering a Suhr Modern this week and was wondering if ordering it with a Roasted neck is worth the extra expense. Does anyone have any insight ?

Thanks

I love mine, it is on a Classic. I notice most of the Moderns do not have the roast, maybe call em and get some answers. Who are you going through? I want to order a Modern to be built next year and called a few places and found The Guitar Sanctuary in Mckinny Tx to be Very Suhr knowledgable.

Also, Dan at Rocketmusic.net is very good they do orders all the time with good pricing right off. If you go to the Surh archive page you'll see a ton of sold surhs in every modern config just about. I bought the Suhr honeyburst modern on that page and I love it. NOT a roasted neck, tho. My .02. Good luck!

If you change environments with it allot then yes it would be worth the extras money. If not I wouldn't bother unless its not much more money. Either way its going to sound great and play awesome.

I love mine, it is on a Classic. I notice most of the Moderns do not have the roast, maybe call em and get some answers. Who are you going through? I want to order a Modern to be built next year and called a few places and found The Guitar Sanctuary in Mckinny Tx to be Very Suhr knowledgable.

Agreed - they definitely are. I've been in there a few times.

Thanks everyone..!! I have a meeting with John over at The Music Zoo here in NY on Thursday. He said the turn around time is roughly 6 Months. I'll find out the pricing when I'm there. We play a lot of outside Shows in the Summer the Heat and Humidity is rough on my Guitars I'll probably get it Roasted.

Last edited:
I have an EBMM Silhouette Special with roasted neck and it just looks and feels fantastic. I would go for it if I were you.
I do as well - a Ball Family Reserve, and love it - my favourite guitar! guitvai - what band do you play for? i'm in Toronto as well.....

If you change environments with it allot then yes it would be worth the extras money. If not I wouldn't bother unless its not much more money. Either way its going to sound great and play awesome.
I've done a few 4-week stints in Israel with my Suhr Standard w/ regular maple neck - going from cold/damp (Northern England) to hot/dry (Israel) without any problems, the guitar felt perfect
The roasted looks really nice tho :)

Back
Top Bottom