Suhr PT-100?

Quick demo of muudock's preset (and IRs) with my strat. I used scene 2 for rhythm and scene 6 for solo. (for solo I boosted 800hz a bit and waves reverb in post)

Dude! @levipeto That is awesome! Sounds great. Glad you like the preset and it's getting some use!

And yes, all 4 IRs are active on purpose. Running all at the same time really gives the sound of that cabinet as I heard it in the room.

Here is the PT100 preset for AX8. Feel free to convert o Axe Fx II as well. Obviously the sound will be slightly different that the Axe III patch due to the modeling differences and the cab block. "X" is 2 of the PT Cab irs and "Y" is the other 2. I exported Preset and Cab so it should all be there. If not, all 4 IRs are available on Axechange. PT212a,b,c,d
For those that care, Wah is controlled by Ext 1, and Delay input gain is Ext 2. I set up my AX8 patches for 4 scenes and 4 IA/Cntrl switches.

Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• SUHR PT 100 --AX8.syx
    34 KB · Views: 82
Here is the PT100 preset for AX8. Feel free to convert o Axe Fx II as well. Obviously the sound will be slightly different that the Axe III patch due to the modeling differences and the cab block. "X" is 2 of the PT Cab irs and "Y" is the other 2. I exported Preset and Cab so it should all be there. If not, all 4 IRs are available on Axechange. PT212a,b,c,d
For those that care, Wah is controlled by Ext 1, and Delay input gain is Ext 2. I set up my AX8 patches for 4 scenes and 4 IA/Cntrl switches.

Hope you enjoy.

This is cool! Thank you so much! The cab block is really something... what are the differences between A, B, C, and D? Mics? Placements?

This is cool! Thank you so much! The cab block is really something... what are the differences between A, B, C, and D? Mics? Placements?

Very Welcome! The 4 IRs are just different mics, positions and preamps/EQ....just different flavors. There is a 57, 121 and the Slate VMS using a couple of their mic sims. I have my own technique for shooting IRs that is a work in progress. Those IRs were the 4 best to my ears that we shot.

What are the cabs? Are they your own IRs?

This is the stock PT 100 2x12 cab with Celestion Creamback 75 speakers. Yes these are mine. Sharing for anyone that's interested since I haven't seen any IRs out there of this cabinet yet and it has a very nice sound to it.

Last edited:
I just played the PT100 sim thought the OH GNR raw and FMan (both OH3 mixes) and it KILLS! Oddly, though, it’s very similar to my 1987x treble, just less gain. When I hit the saturation switch on the 1987, it’s really close.

This patch is great! I had a PT100 and this is so close that it doesn't make me miss it anymore. thank you for sharing this!
Awesome! Glad you like it.

Made a quick demo of this with some Celestion IRs. Decided as it's Pete Thorn's signature amp, to do a Pete Thorn-style demo clip. Thanks @muudrock!

That sounds great!

I just played the PT100 sim thought the OH GNR raw and FMan (both OH3 mixes) and it KILLS! Oddly, though, it’s very similar to my 1987x treble, just less gain. When I hit the saturation switch on the 1987, it’s really close.
The real amp's gain channels are based on a Plexi circuit and has plexi-type transformers. Not surprising the Plexi models sound very close. BTW, the OH GNR IRs do sound great with this amp.

Hi,
I loaded up this preset, sounds great. I couldn't get one scene to work, x-y'd the cab and now it works :) Good enough for me.
Could you please describe how you set up the scenes ? It seems here any way 1 is crunch, clean on 3 ?
Thanks you

Hmm, not sure what happened with cab x/y.
All of my live performance presets have Clean on Scene 3 to keep me from accidentally hitting it when switching from Rhythm to Lead. At least thats the ideal-LOL.

Typically I set it up like:
S1: Rhythm
S2: Rhythm variation-Boost or other effect
S3: Clean
S4: Lead 1
S5: Lead 2 variation of Lead one (boost or OD or other effect)
Some AX8 patches don't use Scene 5 due to limited IA switches available.

Back
Top Bottom