Suhr Modern

I'm looking for a house right now, so big purchases are on hold for me. There's a Jackson Soloist I've been eyeing, but I can't bring myself to do it since I know I have to be an adult right now.

Buy it, life's too short! I obviously can't speak for your financial situation, but I can absolutely speak to the incredible quality and my personal addiction for the Suhr Modern. I own two and the next guitar I purchase ('soon' this year) will make a third. I own a few dozen high end guitars including Suhr Moderns, Charvel Guthrie Govan signature, Gibson Les Pauls, Fender Strats, PRS Floyd 24 10-top, EVH Wolfgang, Vigier DoubleBFoot (with one fretless neck and one fretted neck), Ibanez Jems, EVH MusicMan, EBMM Majesty, Martin, Taylor, Breedlove, Yairi-Alvarez, etc., and I've recently come to the conclusion that my personal preference overall is the Suhr Modern. I do not like having to retune my electric guitars during songs/gigs (my style can tend to be trem-heavy) so I always purchase or modify my electrics with a locking-nut trem system and the Suhr Modern Gotoh Floyd is top shelf. Having the privilege of all-access neck joints, 24 frets, quality trem designs with fantastic woods, design, pickup tone options and build like you'll find on the Suhr Modern, I find myself picking them up and taking them to gigs far more often than any other guitar these days.

Good luck with the wife!

I have a Custom Modern with a vulcanized maple neck. The thing plays great and the neck doesn’t move (the deep, chocolate brown color imparted by the vulcanization looks really great against the white pearloid finish too).

I wish I had a wife who valued money as much as I do. Left to her own devices, my wife would blow all our savings in a couple of years tops. So I'm the one in charge of preserving the funds in our household. Although there is a positive side to this: she doesn't care when I buy another piece of guitar gear, which is nice.

I bought a Suhr modern couple months ago. It’s quite nice and my number one for the moment. That being said I feel like prs is higher up the quality chain. I paid just under 3k for the suhr and prs was at least another k. Crazy. My main complaints on the suhr is the fret ends could be nicer and the pickups are just ok. Probly put some bkps in soon.

I wish I had a wife who valued money as much as I do. Left to her own devices, my wife would blow all our savings in a couple of years tops. So I'm the one in charge of preserving the funds in our household. Although there is a positive side to this: she doesn't care when I buy another piece of guitar gear, which is nice.

If you need to save money for a new house, or an new child about to be born I can understand why you need to save money. But I just don't understand where this submission to wife's having veto powers over gear purchases comes from. At what point did marriage change from having the man in charge to having the wife in charge? If its your money and the family budget and savings/investments are covered just buy whatever you want. And the first person to say happy wife, happy life loses a man card.

where this submission to wife's having veto powers over gear purchases comes from
Mostly it comes from not wanting to deal with the fallout, and building leverage so that you too have veto power over even more bullshit purchases she makes. $500 shoes are bullshit IMO. No residual value at all, she doesn't even wear them often, and when she does wear them, she complains that her feet hurt. A guitar or an amp I can at least sell.

These two are mine. I feel lucky every time I play them.

sVOw0GE.jpg

rWeMREC.jpg

@OrganicZed that first Suhr is gorgeous! It looks a lot like one that was listed here about 4 months ago...one day I'll find one that good looking at a price I can afford.

I'll be honest, I can't say enough wonderful things about my Suhr Modern's.
LOVE THEM...

If you can swing it, I would do whatever you have to, they're worth the stretch.
Love your wife AND your Suhr Modern ;)

@OrganicZed that first Suhr is gorgeous! It looks a lot like one that was listed here about 4 months ago...one day I'll find one that good looking at a price I can afford.

I think I know the one that you're talking about. It was Bahama blue burst with a very nice flame top. Mine is a custom color and it turned out nicely I think.

If you're patient you'll find them used for under $2,000. If you're after a specific finish then that makes the used instrument search a lot more challenging.

My Suhr Modern is my #1 guitar. I like my Andersons too but they're too pretty to leave out with a six year-old running around.

Can’t say the same. My Suhr GG arrived from the factory with the pickup selector wired faulty and knobs bended. Really expensive guitar. Sold it and never wanted a Suhr again.

Back
Top Bottom