Wish Suhr KoKo boost reloaded

Randalljax

Axe-Master
Got a chance to check out this pedal recently into a few amps
Pretty cool esp with the 3 position mid switch
Would be great to have it as a model in the drives or if someone has a tip to approximate one

+1!!!
I have the original and it's by far my favorite boost pedal. The Mid frequency boost's on the original are Right position 2khz, Center position 500hz, Left position 1khz. Q is very wide and there is a cut from 250-500 in the left position.

I've tried to replicate the pedal using a parametric EQ block but I'm not getting the expected result...

The FET Boost has a similar gain structure and with the parameters at default is pretty transparent. Increase the Drive and the gain/sustain increases. Use the Mid and Mid Frequency parameters in the Tone page of the drive block to emulate the Mid Boost part of the Koko Boost. Use the Graphic EQ page to dial in the 250-500 cut in the 1 kHz switch position.

The FET Boost has a similar gain structure and with the parameters at default is pretty transparent. Increase the Drive and the gain/sustain increases. Use the Mid and Mid Frequency parameters in the Tone page of the drive block to emulate the Mid Boost part of the Koko Boost. Use the Graphic EQ page to dial in the 250-500 cut in the 1 kHz switch position.
Any chance you could post your setting on this? I used to own the Koko Boost - love to ad this to my signal chain.

Any chance you could post your setting on this? I used to own the Koko Boost - love to ad this to my signal chain.
I've never played through a Koko Boost, just messed around with some of the drive models and landed on the FET Boost as being closest. Here's a block I threw together to emulate the different Freq toggle switch positions. Adjust the 'Mid' parameter to get the amount of MidBoost you want.
Channel A = Middle position (500hZ)
Channel B = Left position (1kHz)
Channel C = Right position (2kHz)
Channel D = Default settings

Attachments

• Koko Boost_20231010_152908.blk
    571 bytes · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom