Suhr double oval inlay

secondwindow

Power User
I'm considering buying a Suhr that has a "double oval" inlay at the 12th fret.

I think it looks kinda cool. However, I'm wondering if it has any meaning (pro or anti anything, etc).

Any insight on this?

images (1).jpeg

Reminds me a bit of the logo of the MIB (Men In Black) from the Tommy Lee Jones/Will Smith movies:
Mib_company_insignia.jpg

Other than that? I don't think it signifies anything.

Maybe a dropped hula-hoop settling on the ground?

Email Suhr and ask them?

I am wondering if that's a signature model or something because I've never seen that on a Suhr before.

I have it on three of my custom moderns. I think it looks neat, but don’t know the meaning behind it. It was a $250 upcharge for that specific inlay too when i ordered mine.

Last edited:
I First saw the dbl oval on a Suhr anniversary edition back in the 2008 , thought it looked neat and got it along with pearl side marker bars on my modern .
They signify having reached true enlightenment through a smaller wallet . They only offer it to a select few who pass the secret Suhr test , like myself .. well and the guy that unscarred bought his guitars from .... :)

Last edited:
I First saw the dbl oval on a Suhr anniversary edition back in the 2008 , thought it looked neat and got it along with pearl side marker bars on my modern .
They signify having reached true enlightenment through a smaller wallet . They only offer it to a select few who pass the secret Suhr test , like myself .. well and the guy that unscarred bought his guitars from .... :)
Drat! I don’t think I’ll be able to qualify. ;)

Although I like the way it looks, I do not like it 250 bucks..
On the other hand, I would definetly pay 250 for a tree of life. All a matter of taste eh.

I don't know if I'd pay an extra $250 either. I suppose if I were ordering a custom and the price is approaching $5k, then a couple of hundred more wouldn't break the bank.

Good idea! I sent a message to Suhr (with love) to ask about it. I’ll let y’all know what they say.
I received a reply from Suhr:

"Congratulations! You're the 1000th customer to ask that question! You win the Suhr custom guitar of your choice with the famous double oval inlay!"

Actually, here's what they really said:

"... As far as we know it's a design element without a designated meaning. ..."

So, there you have it, Suhr's official answer to the question.

Back
Top Bottom