Suhr Aura

Headstock looks like a bar of soap.
I prefer the Gibson and Fender headstocks. The imitations ( or refined / improved versions , as many would call them ) still look odd.
Might as well have a reissue Gibson , and have the nibs.
Everyone wants something "special" these days. After the initial 100 ( test the market , high priced versions ) sell , they'll be making more.
....not saying it won't be a nice guitar , ....just saying.

Yup, i'll keep my Lester thanks. Don't really like the headstock either.

I’m hoping this results in a production line. I’d love to find something more comfortable to play than my LP. Been thinking about the McCarty 594, but this would be a fantastic alternative

The headstock looks fine. I think folks who don’t like it are mainly driven by doesn’t-look-like-an-LP syndrome. :)

And the tuner placement is something Gibson should have done 60 years ago.
I think anyone who refuses to buy a guitar because of the shape of the headstock is absurd.

Looks like a fine Les Paul copy. Agile makes them too.

If I were going to buy a Les Paul copy , I'd have one built for me by an independent builder with my own personal specs. Quilt , flame , burst , neck angle , headstock shape , and for less money.

You guys can say what you want , but that SUHR on the headstock is what makes it desirable. No different than PRS for some , and Gibson for others.

I can say the Aura headstock WOULD remind me to wash my hands before playing.

Wonder why it doesn't have stainless steel frets.

Here's a quote from the man himself over on his forum:

Why don’t you tell me how you really feel I’m sorry but I’m going to disagree with you. To insinuate I don’t have the skill to work with stainless is pretty funny.
Stainless have their own character and a character that is not necessarily for everyone. There is nothing wrong with quality nickel silver frets and they are certainly not “inferior” I will consider stainless but many players feel it isn’t a choice they would want on this type of guitar. Since there is only 100 we want as much to be the same on each instrument. It makes more sense to eliminate confusion when we know the numbers are limited. Tonally I didn’t want the frets to become a talking point of if the guitar is too bright or modern sounding whether or not I personally agree. These frets are made by the same people who make our stainless and are quality hard frets. Stainless after all are not pure stainless and just an alloy. I doubt Pearly Gates is a piece of junk cause it doesn’t have stainless. If I put stainless on these the pitchforks would be raised saying why did I choose pingy slippery frets on a classic vibed instrument. When Gibson brought out their 50th anniversary r9 Les Paul, you could only get it in 2 colors for the first 500.

Back
Top Bottom