Suhr Aura

Sixstring

Legend!
So who is going to try for one of these beauties? I just saw this last night on Suhrs site and WOW! John has outdone himself on this guitar.

With only 100 being made for sale world wide it sounds as if only the uber wealthy are going to be able to buy one.

Suhr Guitars Aura

I thought their "issue" was mainly the headstock ( open book style ) ? And the single-cut has been discussed for at least 5 years, so I can't believe John Suhr wouldn't have fully investigated it beforehand ? I guess we'll see though ?

Stunning guitar. And if it comes from Suhr, it must be an amazing instrument. As much as I would love to own one, it is WAY out of my price league. Cliff certainly has a point, but I guess we'll see what Gibson does.

There is talk of possibly another somewhat lesser priced model coming out after the limited run, but its all just speculation of course.

If they did these with CNCs, they'll want to make more than 100 guitars.

This^^^

To me it's a no brainer, in fact I wouldn't put it past John if this is the end game, to add a single cut line to the Suhr line up! The 100 hand built jobs are are going to be top of the pile for sure.

Hopefully we will see a mass produced line in the future all to the Suhr standard of course, it's the only significant thing he hasn't done yet that he really needs to do.

Awesome to see Suhr do a single cut; anyone else think it looks like a Collings City Limits and PRS SC245 had a baby?

Looks exactly like a Lester from that pic (less the headstock)...

Headstock looks like a bar of soap.
I prefer the Gibson and Fender headstocks. The imitations ( or refined / improved versions , as many would call them ) still look odd.
Might as well have a reissue Gibson , and have the nibs.
Everyone wants something "special" these days. After the initial 100 ( test the market , high priced versions ) sell , they'll be making more.
....not saying it won't be a nice guitar , ....just saying.

Back
Top Bottom