Suhr 2015 collection

They are some of the best luthiers in the world right now, no doubt ! But personally I'd never "play" an instrument like that ....

I love the way those guitars look. I'm definitely getting a guitar that looks as wooden as possible at some point in my life. I just know so many people who've ordered custom guitars from Suhr and been mistreated that I lost my respect for the brand name. Paying that amount of money, waiting forever and having a high probability of getting a guitar with wrong pickups and weak finishes is a no go for me.

I found the classic pro this year irresistible. Selling gear now to make room. I hope my wife doesn't catch on...

Last edited:
Agree with Paranoid's post above. Maybe they look better in person, but I ain't feelin' it.

What do you mean by "weak finishes" ?

Well a close friend of mine received his Suhr almost a year too late and when it finally arrived there was air between coats of laquer near the pickup holes. (or nitro or whatever they use) That same person has ordered three Suhr guitars and there has not been one order that went impeccably. There's a Suhr boycott thread in the Finnish online music community with many cases like this. I'm not sure if it's the cold weather that causes these... wrong pickups on guitars.

I'm also really interested in those Kiesels. For some reason I want Kiesel more than Carvin on my headstock after hearing the story.

I'm a major advocate of buying these used, I feel that way about most high end guitars. They hold their value well, they are immediately available, and you know what you're getting. I bought mine used and I have zero complaints.

I've always thought those gaps around the pickups are a serious aesthetic flaw. Outside of that, holy crap.

Back
Top Bottom