Suggestions for "Strattiest" Austin Buddy presets for PRS DGT in split pickup mode?

Lkdog

Power User
Have longtime love/hate relationship with Fender Strats (and I have tried a bunch of them).
Never have really bonded with one. Just too thin sounding for me. They do sound great when others play them.

Am also a longtime PRS DGT owner. Their split humbucker mode allows some of the blocked coil signal to come through so has a beefier non wimpy single coil mode. The pickups on mine read out as:

9.23 Bridge 6.33 Tapped
7.50 Neck 4.66 Tapped
4.14 Middle 2.69 Tapped

I am looking to get close to a SRV tone on the DGT. I do have the Austin Buddy preset packs. Guy is a magician, but I get lost in all the options.
There are some that are pretty good. I am kind of clueless as to how he does it. I look at the settings of some I like that have some good stratty chirp and grind and not sure how he did it.

Any PRS DGT users have suggestions on ones that will get me close to an SRV style tone?

I realize that nothing but an actual Strat is a Strat just like nothing but a Les Paul is a Les Paul.

Thanks for any ideas of preset starting points.

Last edited:
Seem to be having decent results with the Blackface VibroVerb -SCoils preset in the Magic 6 scenes in the Austin Buddy Live Gold pack.

Hi @Lkdog

Try the Super Reverbs, the Blackface Deluxe, the 1x15 Vibroverb, and (yes) the '59 Bassman for single coils in Naked Amps. There is also an SRV preset in there as well.

(You'd be surprised, but a lo gain JTM45 will sound killer with Strats too - give that a shot).

That single coil bridge in PRS is less like a Strat and more like a bridge Tele pickup to me (That is more of what Grissom was going for I think here), there is no "quack" setting for example.

I am a BIG FAN of using a Klon set to clean boost with my Strats. Ain't no wimp in that! The latest LiveGold has that setting in Drive2 channel B for Banks 1 and 2.

That single coil bridge in PRS is less like a Strat and more like a bridge Tele pickup to me (That is more of what Grissom was going for I think here), there is no "quack" setting for example.
Grissom uses the bridge in the tapped mode for a Tele sound on his albums. He'll use the neck in the tapped mode for a Strat neck pickup sound sometimes too. When playing live he uses the bridge in humbucker mode almost always.

I've found that my DGT sounds like those two other sounds when I pull the knob too but I'll do it live when I don't have a Strat with me, and, yeah, they're reasonable facsimiles. My Strats sound killer through Marshalls and the Mesa models.

Thanks for the input Austin Buddy! Will play around with those amps.
Greg- Yeah, I heard Grissom lives on the bridge humbucker live.
You are both right, I can get a good Tele sound from the DGT.

I think I need to get a Strat again. Lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom