Suggestions for pedal for a bass player to go direct to PA ?

1poorplayer

Power User
My bass player is in the market for a new pedal to go direct to the board. He will be using IEMs.
Anyone have a suggestion ?

What kind of control does he want/need?
Honestly, first suggestion is to get him on an Axe-Fx :D

Second suggestion, B7K Ultra.

Thrid Suggestion... SansAmp Bass Driver DI.

Obviously, those are all different in many ways.

What kind of control does he want/need?
Honestly, first suggestion is to get him on an Axe-Fx :D

Second suggestion, B7K Ultra.

Thrid Suggestion... SansAmp Bass Driver DI.

Obviously, those are all different in many ways.

I think a fairly simple setup would be best.

describe the rig he was using before.

Well , we've made the transition from amps to amp-LESS , now using IEMs. After he ditched the bass amp , he has gone mostly direct to the board with nothing in between. He is a hell of bass player , and he needs SOMETHING.
Since I run the sound , and my band mates are like a classroom of unruly kids ( that tend to drink ) , there's a part of me that likes one less member changing sounds , but he really needs a tool to express his talent , and take our live Sound to the next level.
... of course , now that I'm using Fractal , the inspiration to take the rest of the mix up a notch is inevitable.

No matter what I've tried I keep running bass through a sansamp bass driver DI. it's a classic for a reason. I'm not a good tweaker and even with the axe fx I haven't been able to get that tone and punch.

I find you almost always need some compression when running bass through a PA, even if its ran parallel, It helps add some of that additional punch that can get lost in translation.

Bass Players will often have a problem with punch when making the transitions. Often they will not even voice the concerns sometimes due to the inability to put words on what they are missing, or just not wanting to cause drama in when everyone is fighting for sonic spectrum.

df044bf8.jpg

When I was playing bass... this was what I was using.
Sounds great!

Back
Top Bottom