Suggestions for outboard "mini" gear

It is very simple. Place an Input block for Input 3 or 4 on you grid. Connect a cable from the input block to the output block in your preset. If you have edited a preset, you have done this before. You can control the levels and panning of the different input sources in the output block using the mixer settings.

I don’t know what you mean by so many “layers”. The grid for your preset is literally no different conceptually than connecting pedals into your signal chain. When adding a pedal to a real rig, what do you do? You figure out where it goes, what connects to it and what it connects to then you hook it up using cables. The only difference is that in this virtual world, your inventory of “pedals” includes things like input, output, amp and cab blocks and some other things that you would not think of as “pedals” in a physical rig.

Last edited:
My son, who plays guitar in a EDM band, is getting a Meris Enzo. I must say I'm mighty impressed with this pedal as well. Tempted ...

I had to google "EDM"... no kids here :rolleyes:

I would stretch the budget a little bit more and get a Boss GP-10 with the GK pickup. That would catapult you to an infinite higher realm. Not only in synths but in modelling guitars and other instruments. Bypass the COSM amps and effects (use the Axe-FX for that) and use the GP-10 for V-Guitar, Bass, Poly Synths, alternate tunings and many strange things.

I had to google "EDM"... no kids here :rolleyes:

I would stretch the budget a little bit more and get a Boss GP-10 with the GK pickup. That would catapult you to an infinite higher realm. Not only in synths but in modelling guitars and other instruments. Bypass the COSM amps and effects (use the Axe-FX for that) and use the GP-10 for V-Guitar, Poly Synths, alternate tunings and strange things.
But then you need the 1 guitar with the pickup... And the extra cable...

I have had a Roland GR-30 for many years. While it's cool, I'm screwed if I don't have the guitar with the pickup mounted.

chimes in with a suggestion, I haven’t tried one of these so I’m not sure how good/bad it is.
The SIM1 XT-1 guitar modeller to go with your Axe Fx.
Evidently your number one guitar may be used to play the following:
12 PRE-LOADED GUITARS

Musicman®️ Axis | neck, mid, bridge
Fender® Stratocaster® | neck, mid, bridge
Fender® Mustang® | neck, mid, bridge
Martin®️ D35 | mic’d
Gibson® 335 | neck, mid, bridge
Benedetto® ‘Bambino’ Archtop | neck
PRS®️ Santana®️ | neck, mid, bridge
Gibson®️ 175 | neck, mid, bridge
Gibson®️ SG 1974 | neck, mid, bridge
Gibson®️ J200 | mic’d
Gibson®️ LesPaul®️ | neck, mid, bridge
Fender®️ Telecaster®️ ’64 | neck, mid, bridge

http://www.sim-one.it/

Arrived.

A very cool pedal. Def. not plug and play, but people with knowledge of the Filters and Internal Controllers in the FAS devices, can handle it.

Knobs and switches do double duties (regular function / alt function / global config), so there's a learning curve.

Because the alt.functions are "hidden", it's difficult to reproduce settings you see in demos. And after adjusting the control in the alt. mode, you don't know its setting anymore in normal mode. I think it would have been a better choice to use "rings" for the alt. functions.

And I find it weird that there's no output level control.

The manual leaves room for improvement.

I also got the separate Preset switch which lets me switch between 4 presets. The device supports 16 presets but presets 5 - 16 have to be selected through MIDI.

I can use my RJM to control it through MIDI, but I'd need the separate MIDI I/O box for that.
And when using that box, I can no longer connect an exp.pedal or the Preset switch, but the functionality of those is provided through MIDI.

Performance: it tracks very nicely (fast), and detects major and minor chords in poly mode effortlessly.

The sounds are superb! The ARP and Poly modes in particular are very addictive, and the ability to adjust stuff in realtime using knobs is stimulating.

I'm going to play and experiment, and see if it stays or returns.

IMG_0679.jpeg

Last edited:
I have one of these inbound as well, after watching every video I could find and reading the manual (which, I agree, could be more informative). The possibilities seem endless, but I must confess my principal reason for getting my hands on it is to reproduce that Andy Summers synth sound.

Thanks to my RJM controller I have direct access to all functions and presets of the Enzo. This makes everything easier.

The Enzo has a TRS port, for multiple purposes. One of them is connecting a MIDI I/O box. My RJM connects to that box. The Enzo has a rich MIDI interface. It can process PCs and CCs, including the exp.pedals connected to the RJM.

The Enzo has a TRS port, for multiple purposes. One of them is connecting a MIDI I/O box. My RJM connects to that box. The Enzo has a rich MIDI interface. It can process PCs and CCs, including the exp.pedals connected to the RJM.
Oh ok, I didn't get you also ordered the box, I actually thought you found a way to connect the RJM directly to the Enzo.

Oh ok, I didn't get you also ordered the box, I actually thought you found a way to connect the RJM directly to the Enzo.

Alas, the box is needed.

Haven't tested it with wireless MIDI (Yamaha MD) yet. That should be cool too, operating the pedal controls on my iPhone or iPad.
Saw a demo of this.

chimes in with a suggestion, I haven’t tried one of these so I’m not sure how good/bad it is.
The SIM1 XT-1 guitar modeller to go with your Axe Fx.
Evidently your number one guitar may be used to play the following:
12 PRE-LOADED GUITARS

Musicman®️ Axis | neck, mid, bridge
Fender® Stratocaster® | neck, mid, bridge
Fender® Mustang® | neck, mid, bridge
Martin®️ D35 | mic’d
Gibson® 335 | neck, mid, bridge
Benedetto® ‘Bambino’ Archtop | neck
PRS®️ Santana®️ | neck, mid, bridge
Gibson®️ 175 | neck, mid, bridge
Gibson®️ SG 1974 | neck, mid, bridge
Gibson®️ J200 | mic’d
Gibson®️ LesPaul®️ | neck, mid, bridge
Fender®️ Telecaster®️ ’64 | neck, mid, bridge

http://www.sim-one.it/
Has someone tried this?

Has someone tried this?

I tried the SIM XT-1 technique at the Axe-FX (a tone match of a chromatic scale through all the strings) and the results were good. The post is here.

But it was not fun because I can only clone my own guitars. That would be interesting if other people started sharing the "Tone Imprinting" (that is how they call the chromatic scale capture) of their guitars

I tried the SIM XT-1 technique at the Axe-FX (a tone match of a chromatic scale through all the strings) and the results were good. The post is here.

But it was not fun because I can only clone my own guitars. That would be interesting if other people started sharing the "Tone Imprinting" (that is how they call the chromatic scale capture) of their guitars
I don't understand how it could work...
A tonematch is a difference between 2 signals frequency range, so if xt1 is that it can't work on different source guitars?

Back
Top Bottom