suggestions for more spongy feel

sullysnet

Inspired
I was wondering if anyone can suggest something to give a bit more bounce to my jtm45 sound. I use it mostly with the bbe pedal in the front end but I'd like the feel of it to have more spongy or bounce. I was thinking the mv trim since my mv is on 10. Thanks...

I swore I tried the Supply SAG but I will try it again. Compression and variac, no.

Is there a recommendation on the SAG level. I think I had maxed it at one point snd didn't feel what I hoped but I may not have given it a chance. I was reading that the mv trim would do that for me, or is that not correct?

thanks

Have you tried the variac in the amp block? Might try somewhere between 75 and 90%.

[Edit] - Sorry, just saw this was recommended above. I run the plexi style amps at 75%

Maybe its not sag your looking for... try playing with the preamp Bias that's my go to, among others

thanks I will try some of the things I didn't try and revist others. I think it's SAG. I want to feel the amp more when I'm playing. It's not bad now but I'd like to try some of these other suggestions.

my variac by default it seems is at 100% so I guess that setting is out of the question. I turned up the SAG and turned down the Negative Feedback a bit. Seems to have softened it up. I also changed over to the EL34's which are the default of the JTM45 on the Axefx2. I swore I moved them back from KT88's some time ago. Maybe I did that during a recording only.

Back
Top Bottom