Suggestions for guitar apps?

Chewie5150

Fractal Fanatic
Feeling stagnant with my playing. Other than lessons, Looking for suggestions for apps (ios) that are great for practicing scales etc. Really any guitar apps you find are helpful to get you practicing more

For me iReal Pro has been a gamechanger. You can punch in any chord progressions and get an instant backing track. It’s also got a library of thousands of jazz and blues tunes.

Another good one I discovered recently is called Random Roots. It was created by a saxophonist for practicing material in all 12 keys.

Are the users of iReal Pro using it on Iphone/ Ipad or on a Imac? Trying to determine what the best practice is for this app.

Are the users of iReal Pro using it on Iphone/ Ipad or on a Imac? Trying to determine what the best practice is for this app.
I use it on both but most often on my Mac these days since I'm at home.

I often will either use existing chord progressions or make up new ones, pick a style (often just "Long Notes" is good) and then use the poorly named "share as audio" function to export MIDI which I'll then import into Logic Pro X and use my own instrumentation with plugins etc. Great way to start songs.

I'll use the phone or iPad version when I go to jam sessions or with my jazz guitar teacher, it's like an electronic "Real Book" that can also play a backing track if you need it.

Back
Top Bottom