Suggestions for a power amp using the FM3 as a pre in a Bass rig

Looking for suggestions (brand, watts, etc.) for a power amp if I was using the FM3 as a preamp.
as my bass rig. I have the FM3 racked. I would want enough power to easily handle a 8x10.
I usually rent backline gear, GK 2001 is my ideal rig going through an Ampeg 8x10.
Debating power amp/FM3 pre or a class D bass head. I am a bit concerned that if I go FM3 pre
that the access to the volume, bass treble etc. during a gig could be a hassle.
Thanks in advance for any help!

I currently use a Peavey IPR 3000. For the most part I use one side into a fEARful 15/15/66/1. I've also used a GK 1001RB-II with the tone stack set flat & no boost. You can get used power amps fairly cheap in the states. I have (2) Peaveys, (IPR2-2K & IPR-3K) I paid $250 & 200 for them used. I prefer a FRFR speaker over a cab anymore. That way I know exactly what it should sound like in FOH.

Thanks for the reply. That sounds like a great set up. Peavey is always solid gear. I haven't explored the FRFR stuff for bass yet.
I mostly rent backline cabs and change is hard lol. But man, then you really would know what everyone's hearing.
I also have my eye on the EBS Reidmar 750. Right now I just use the FM3 for the effects and apparently that one can power
an 8x10 nicely (so they say).

Quilter Bass Block 800 here. Stupid light, stupid powerful, adequate eq (fine for correcting for the room). Currently going into a bass cab w/tweeter (Schroeder, Eden, Ampeg... whatever takes my fancy on the night) but will probably go for a FRFR solution at some point.

Quilter Bass Block 800 here. Stupid light, stupid powerful, adequate eq (fine for correcting for the room). Currently going into a bass cab w/tweeter (Schroeder, Eden, Ampeg... whatever takes my fancy on the night) but will probably go for a FRFR solution at some point.
I looked at the bass block 802 (I think), the second version anyway. I definitely checked all the boxes I wanted. But since I already had (2) power amps & 2 GK's(MB200 & 1001RB-II) I just couldn't justify getting it. They're great amps though. Quilter seems to be gaining a following.

Back
Top Bottom