Suggestion to FAS before FW10 and AE release...

my suggestion would be, whenever they release it, to do it as beta. for software which has been in dev for quite a while, you need a public beta.

I bet traffic to the server would be significantly cut down if Fractal used things like a public torrent or other file sharing site.

What difference does it make if they call it a beta or not? It'll be the same code.

the difference is people's expectations. for something that's been worked on quite a while, and that is a completely new product (AxeEdit) and which will run on many different configurations, there's no substitute for a public beta.

the difference is people's expectations. for something that's been worked on quite a while, and that is a completely new product (AxeEdit) and which will run on many different configurations, there's no substitute for a public beta.

So like when Ubisoft or Square Enix or Microsoft releases a new game that's been in development for five years and will run across gaming consoles, they're doing it all wrong releasing the games as anything but a public beta? Wow!

So like when Ubisoft or Square Enix or Microsoft releases a new game that's been in development for five years and will run across gaming consoles, they're doing it all wrong releasing the games as anything but a public beta? Wow!

Given the bug rants I've seen on Ubi titles they may be doing it wrong.

it makes a difference if you run on consoles or a variety of pc's and (to a lesser extent) macs (less diversity in hardware). and for pc games, big public beta's have been the standard for years. to me, given the complexity of modern day software, it's a necessity.

Last edited:

At the end of the day they're damned if they do and damned if they don't, it's Fractal Audio's decision to make and they choose not to have public betas, it doesn't matter what you are I say, that's the way it is.

Spence

Back
Top Bottom