Suggestion - Improved Harmonizer

Omri Bazelet

Inspired
Hi there! I have tried the harmonizer for many times, but yet I always returned to my boss.
The thing that always bothered me when using the AX3 harmonizer that it sounded TOO MUCH ACCURATE

For me the harmonizer is simply for creating a second voice like if I had a second one played simultaneously with me. And as you know, guitar isn't such a perfected pitch instrument, it's never on spot and time.
And if it's too much perfect, that's what actually creating that robotic feel. And it's great if that what someone tries to achieve... But...
Well, my point is pretty much clear..

Hi there! I have tried the harmonizer for many times, but yet I always returned to my boss.
The thing that always bothered me when using the AX3 harmonizer that it sounded TOO MUCH ACCURATE

For me the harmonizer is simply for creating a second voice like if I had a second one played simultaneously with me. And as you know, guitar isn't such a perfected pitch instrument, it's never on spot and time.
And if it's too much perfect, that's what actually creating that robotic feel. And it's great if that what someone tries to achieve... But...
Well, my point is pretty much clear..
I use a modifier to randomly vary the pitch and the delay of the second voice. Just a tiny wiggle - but it makes the voice far more realistic.

Also - add a bunch of high cut to the harmonized signal. That's what your Boss pedal is doing . . .

This thread makes me smile. Just because I always come back to the realization that with the Axe, everything is modifiable and doable. There's almost no "you can't"s. It's an endless sandbox! Love it.

I use a modifier to randomly vary the pitch and the delay of the second voice. Just a tiny wiggle - but it makes the voice far more realistic.

Also - add a bunch of high cut to the harmonized signal. That's what your Boss pedal is doing . . .
I love the idea of using a modifier for the delay of the harmony but how do you accomplish this? I see there's no modifier for the delay, is there another method?

Back
Top Bottom