1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Wish Suggestion for Axe-Edit III Layout

Discussion in 'Axe-Edit III' started by Axeman, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Wallygatorr1976

Wallygatorr1976
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

IMO making both interfaces indentical makes no sense - why anyone should use AxeEdit then?

I am working with both, but AxeEdit is more comfortable and clear as is now, unifying it with FX screen will be a downgrade.

AtomicBlaze, bradlake and Rex like this.
  2. Axeman

Axeman
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

On the first point, I'm not talking about the parameter numbers. I'm talking about how a knob on the Preamp page on the Axe is not on the Preamp page on the Editor. How can something this basic not be the same on each.

As for the second point, the Axe Edit tabs have plenty of room. See the Preamp tab on Axe Edit. It has room to add the missing Preamp knobs on the Axe unit's Preamp page.

Also, there are some knobs on the Axe that don't exist on the Editor. Why is this? It makes the editor worthless if I wanted to use the Editor for everything.

The Editor layout should be sync'd to the Axe so users can use both interchangeably without having to constantly search for where a knob is on the Editor.

Also the Editor has an Authentic and Ideal tab by the Axe doesn't. This just makes both more confusing. Fractal should make them as similar as possible. It's not like the software for the graphics on the Editor couldn't be adjusted.

Or make the Axe tabs the same as the Editor. I don't care which, but having two different layouts for both makes no sense at all.

3. Axeman

Axeman
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Except there are knobs on the Axe that don't exist on the Editor, so then what do you do? Can you answer this one? And some knobs under the Axe are not under the same tab as on the Editor. No common sense at all.

It does makes sense because the software Editor does come with other advantages - easier to see and use with a mouse. But if I don't have my computer with me or are playing live, and then switch to the Editor later, I don't want to have to remember that the knob on the Preamp page on the Editor is actually only on the Advanced page on the Axe and vis versa. Just make them the same. It's not complicated. Decide on the subcategories on each (preamp, etc) and put the same knobs on each tab.

And for once and for all put all knobs on the Axe on Axe Edit.

bradlake likes this.
  4. Admin M@

Admin M@
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Fractal Audio Systems Moderator

What's missing?

5. Admin M@

Admin M@
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Fractal Audio Systems Moderator

I agree. Axe-Edit has more real estate and it is put to good use. It's possible that there are some old mistakes looming that need to be fixed, but it will never match the hardware 1:1 by design.

6. Wallygatorr1976

Wallygatorr1976
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

I never found missing knob in AxeEdit3 (for AxeII) and AxeEditIII (for AxeIII). In editor it is more "logical" for me, but I am aware that knob location differencies comes from limitation of screen size of Axe. Imagine now that in Axe You have 2nds parts of tabs corresponding to editor with only one knob - I assume then navigation would be a nightmare.

Besides, is it really so hard to find a knob on a different tab? If there would be 200 knobs per block then yes, it would be a problem.