Suggested New Features/Funcitons for Axe-Edit

Axeman

Experienced
I've only just started to use Axe-Edit. I waited to force myself to get used to the Axe interface and for the new re-write of Edit to come out. I'm starting to use it and it's great.

Here are a few things on my wish list. I apologize in advance if these have already been suggested. I'm not an expert at Axe-Edit so perhaps some of these suggestions are already possible.

1) I would like to bring up a preset from a backup file without Axe-Edit connected to the Axe, and see all the settings as if it was connected to the Axe. This way I can look at Axe-Edit and separately review the settings on my Axe screen. As far as I can tell, Axe-Edit syncs immediately with the Axe and is always the same view. Essentially it would be cool to have a "manual compare mode." It would be useful in bringing up old backups and quickly comparing some of the settings to what I see on the latest version in my Axe. Then I can determine if I want to connect and download it.

2) I can easily download a preset from a backup file, but how do I save an entire bank ile using Edit? If I just have to use the Bot, that's ok. Just didn't know if Axe-Edit should also be able to do this given that it can download a single preset from a bank file.

3) With the Bot I can save individual presets but I have to go through each individually which takes a lot of time. I would like to save all presets in a bank at once but in individual format (one syx file for each preset). Axe-Edit used to be able to do this. Upon save you could choose as a full bank file or as individual presets.

Thanks for the suggestions. Responses below...

1. Sorry, but the ability to do this was one of the main reasons that Axe-Edit v1 was unable to be maintained. It required any code changes to the Axe-Fx to be ported into the software. This capability will not be returning to Axe-Edit.

2. You can't save a bank with Axe-Edit. Use the bot please.

3. This isn't currently possible in Axe-Edit.

Back
Top Bottom