Suggested FAS Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

prsaxeman

Dear FAS

The silence is deafening; suggested global update as follows:

"Dear patient customers, we are really sorry for the delay in distribution of our FX8 pedal, we are doing our best to get the units out to our customers as soon as possible. The situation is as follows:

Regarding the waitlist:
The number of people on the waitlist is XXXXX, and so far we have shipped to XXX of these. We are currently shipping to USA and Canada only, but expect to start shipping to our international distributors in xx weeks' time.
As far as take up goes, the % number of people who are ordering following our opportunity to purchase message to them is XX%.
We have currently exhausted our initial supply of units but expect to have the next shipment ready for distribution in X weeks time.
Once we have xxxx units available we will begin shipping internationally.
If you live in the US or Canada and registered on the wait list during Oct - Dec last year, you can expect to receive your units in x-x weeks time; if you registered during Jan - May this year, expect to wait between xx and xx weeks for your opportunity to purchase.
Thank you again for your patience, we will update you again in a week's time.

Regards,

FAS"

I'm happy to wait (I only registered on the wait list in April this year), but I (and I'm sure a load of other folks) still think that a posting on this forum and the FAS FB page are what's required to keep people properly informed. You cannot tell me that with modern logistics programmes and inventory control that an update, similar to my spoof one above, is not possible. It will also stop the never ending postings (such as this) asking for updates and/or info. Come on FAS, get your s**t in one sock and get a proper update out there.

I agree with randombastage that providing us with exact numbers might not be in FAS's best interest. Having said that, I do totally agree with everything else you posted, prsaxeman. Fractal should update us about the current state of things, as well as provide a timeline of some sort. So far it seems, and I could totally be wrong here (I hope), that Fractal is simply avoiding confrontation with their customers, which is actually the worst thing that they could do right now (at least in my eyes). Again, I'll be happy to be proven wrong :).

Dear Fas Customer, you joined the waiting-list knowing full well you will be waiting for this product to be ready for dispatching, its a new product you were offered an orderly waiting list was created so you could be one of the first in the world to enjoy the results of this research / development, there is no conspiracy.

There was no guarantees of delivery estimates given or implied, nor was there any commitment to give you up-to-the-minute estimates of where in the world the parts are that belong to your product, or toilet habits of fractal employees for that matter.

The waiting list is just that, a waiting list and therefore you'll wait, giving someone an ETA on something that isnt in your hands yet (that they haven't paid for), is just setting your self up to be abused when shit happens

As a waitee, just suck it up, your not going to get it any faster, etas are bound be broken, and your bound to be waiting longer no matter what.

If you were silly enough to sell your gear in advance, or have some unrealistic time limits, that's your fault, not theirs

I'm sure i've had to wait a lot longer for guitars, i even probably waited longer then you will for the original axefxII i have, shit i probably waited longer for a GT mastermind

having people constantly sitting in the back seat going Are we there yet, are we there yet, is just annoying, and i don't even work for fractal

Sorry if this come across the wrong way, however i say it how i see it

Anyway 2 cents given, fwiw

As I said in my post, I'm happy to wait. I haven't sold gear in anticipation of an opportunity to purchase offer and I know that the product I eventually get will be a superior one; hey, I'll even have the advantage that all the bugs that the unit will inevitably have will more than likely be ironed out and I'll get the latest and greatest software version.
But as a reputable company, FAS owe it to people on the wait list for an occasional update, out of courtesy if nothing else. If there wasn't a waitlist, fine, but there is, and the company should keep their future customer base apprised. I don't think that's too much to ask for. If this was something more essential, like a car and not an effects pedal, most people would have bailed months ago. They have us by the balls and they know it.
Dear Fas Customer, you joined the waiting-list knowing full well you will be waiting for this product to be ready for dispatching, its a new product you were offered an orderly waiting list was created so you could be one of the first in the world to enjoy the results of this research / development, there is no conspiracy.

There was no guarantees of delivery estimates given or implied, nor was there any commitment to give you up-to-the-minute estimates of where in the world the parts are that belong to your product, or toilet habits of fractal employees for that matter.

The waiting list is just that, a waiting list and therefore you'll wait, giving someone an ETA on something that isnt in your hands yet (that they haven't paid for), is just setting your self up to be abused when shit happens

As a waitee, just suck it up, your not going to get it any faster, etas are bound be broken, and your bound to be waiting longer no matter what.

If you were silly enough to sell your gear in advance, or have some unrealistic time limits, that's your fault, not theirs

I'm sure i've had to wait a lot longer for guitars, i even probably waited longer then you will for the original axefxII i have, shit i probably waited longer for a GT mastermind

having people constantly sitting in the back seat going Are we there yet, are we there yet, is just annoying, and i don't even work for fractal

Sorry if this come across the wrong way, however i say it how i see it

Anyway 2 cents given, fwiw

Last edited:
Ofcourse there us the other side of the coin where FAS maybe deterring future customers due to simply not knowing when they would receive the product and they go and buy something else.

Posted just to balance things out a bit.

There is that word again... "Entitled"... which I think is completely unnecessary and inaccurate. This is a business. It's perfectly natural for a customer to ask "when can i finally get your product in my hands?" It's not entitlement.. It's a relationship between consumer and company. I don't feel like the exact numbers should be given out, or exact dates, but the burden is on the company to let it's customers (current and future) know approximately when their product will roll out. I have never bought a FAS product before and I hope the FX8 will be the first, but this is my impression so far:

Customer: "When can I buy your product?
FAS: ........Silence......
Forum members: Sit down and shut up you entitled little twit. You deserve NOTHING, but THEY deserve your money.

Say what you will about line 6, at least the forum members are nicer.

There is that word again... "Entitled"... which I think is completely unnecessary and inaccurate. This is a business. It's perfectly natural for a customer to ask "when can i finally get your product in my hands?" It's not entitlement.. It's a relationship between consumer and company. I don't feel like the exact numbers should be given out, or exact dates, but the burden is on the company to let it's customers (current and future) know approximately when their product will roll out. I have never bought a FAS product before and I hope the FX8 will be the first, but this is my impression so far:

Forum members: Sit down and shut up you entitled little twit. You deserve NOTHING, but THEY deserve your money.

Well said my friend. There really is an element of arrogance about FAS over this whole thing. I wish a few more people would grow a pair and start giving the company some serious grief about its customer relations which are sadly lacking. Yes, yes, I know I have a choice, take it or leave it, but they know they have the market cornered and their behaviour is quite frankly baffling! I wish other people would see that and stop fawning all over them; they're a business who are currently treating customers poorly!

We don't have answers to any of your questions. We are at the mercy of our contract manufacturer who is not delivering product to us in a timely fashion. I'm sorry you are dissatisfied and I assure you we are equally dissatisfied. It isn't arrogance. We would love to sell you a unit as we make money by selling products. It is not in our interest to limit availability. But if you think "growing a pair and giving us grief" is a prudent course of action then have at it.

But if you think "growing a pair and giving us grief" is a prudent course of action then have at it.

Mic-Drop-Cliff_zps4yi14le3.jpg

Thanks Cliff-anator

We don't have answers to any of your questions. We are at the mercy of our contract manufacturer who is not delivering product to us in a timely fashion. I'm sorry you are dissatisfied and I assure you we are equally dissatisfied. It isn't arrogance. We would love to sell you a unit as we make money by selling products. It is not in our interest to limit availability. But if you think "growing a pair and giving us grief" is a prudent course of action then have at it.
Thanks for the honest update, it is greatly appreciated. I make no apologies for poking the bear, I just wanted an honest response and you have provided it.....with humour :)

Thanks for the update Fractal!

See, that wasn't hard and barely took any of your time. But please don't stop there and keep us updated. As a potential FX8 buyer, I really value those companies that take the time to address their customers. It means A LOT to me. Thank you!

As for the rest of you who don't seem to have reading comprehension skills...nevermind. Ain't worth my time.

To me, the tone of the OP was of someone that is suffering from a case of entitlement.

But, you're right. It is a business and customers can ask when stuff will be available for purchase.

But, how many times is Fractal supposed to say the same thing? It's already been posted that they had to move production to the US for quality reasons. It's already been posted that they're waiting for parts and they are at the mercy of their suppliers. It's already been posted that they had some parts shipped faster (via air I believe) so they could build some units sooner.

To me, the tone of the OP was of someone that is suffering from a case of entitlement.

But, you're right. It is a business and customers can ask when stuff will be available for purchase.

But, how many times is Fractal supposed to say the same thing? It's already been posted that they had to move production to the US for quality reasons. It's already been posted that they're waiting for parts and they are at the mercy of their suppliers. It's already been posted that they had some parts shipped faster (via air I believe) so they could build some units sooner.

IMHO, Fractal set the expectation for at least occasional updates by letting us know about past manufacturing issues and delays. As a result, we now "expect" at least an occasional update on the status of the units. Entitled or not, I don't think that a weekly or biweekly update on status is unreasonable and would quell all the whining and speculation. It is unfortunate that this recent post from FAS seems to only be in response to the increasing negative comments directed at FAS for not providing additional info and is not specific if the issue with their supplier is new or the same which we had previously been informed of. I admit I check this forum every day for updates and if FAS would just post anything on a regular basis, even if there is no new info, it would go a long way.

My two cents...

I would really like to see a full product demo from Mark Day. It has been months since we saw the teaser demo and I know we would all appreciate seeing Mark delve into the unit as only he can!

"
We are at the mercy of our contract manufacturer who is not delivering product to us in a timely fashion.

See, we didn't know that.
Last we heard was the plane brought some parts so you could start shipping while the boat was bringing the rest.
Now we know.

Same time next week for an update perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom