Suddenly I can't drag & drop .wav files any longer ?

R.D.

Power User
Has the behavior of Axe-Edit changed recently ?

I'm no longer able to drag & drop .wav files into the cab block ?

Anyone else having the same problem ?

Recently had the same issue. Bought York Audio 2x12 mesa pac, all .wav files. Had to use CabLab light to convert them first. After that drag & drop boom done. My be doing something wrong no clue.

Hmmmm ? My issue is with both the @York Audio FDMN V25-V30's ..., as well as a custom IR from @Moke ....

When I try to drag 'n' drop it, I just get a black circle w/ a line through it ?

Hmmmm ? My issue is with both the @York Audio FDMN V25-V30's ..., as well as a custom IR from @Moke ....

When I try to drag 'n' drop it, I just get a black circle w/ a line through it ?
Are you trying to drag and drop wav/ir files from a zip file? If so, you must unzip the file first.

@Michael Pickens

That's not the way I usually do it .... But it doesn't matter .... Using this method doesn't work either. Tried it w/ the .wav files and w/ a .syx file. Neither one works ....

Normally what I would do is import a single IR at a time ....

I access the Cab block, find the empty space that I want to locate the IR in ..., and then drag & drop it that way ....

Unfortunately right now neither method seems to be working for me ?

I have an open support case about this. Does that belong to anyone here?

Not me ....

Also FWIW - I haven't tried to import any new cabs for 2 or 3 months .... The method in # 8 above was my preferred method ....

THANKS !

Not me ....

Also FWIW - I haven't tried to import any new cabs for 2 or 3 months .... The method in # 8 above was my preferred method ....

THANKS !
I'm pretty sure you have to import .wav IRs through Manage Cabs in Axe-Edit. Page 6 in the FDMN manual will help to get you set up in no time. It's really easy to import them through Manage Cabs without having to convert through Cab Lab.

I was having some issues last night but it was user error. It's working fine.

Last edited:
I have an open support case about this. Does that belong to anyone here?

@Admin M@

Did anything ever come of this support case ? I can't seem to load either Wav files or .syx files either. I've tried through Axe Manage Cabs and Fractal Bot ....

When I use Fractal Bot I get the message that the IR was transferred to my user slot, but then when I try to access it from the Cab block it still shows as "Empty" ?

I'm running into issues too. I drag the .wav into the browser panel, then drag that into a user slot - the name updates and the number turns red. I hit Save, the progress bar goes across the bottom and finishes, but the name is not in italics, and the number is still red. If I refresh, it disappears. Sometimes, it actually saves after four or five "saves", usually not. Same behavior with both Ownhammer & ML .wavs.

Experienced the .wav thing tonight, thought the 3 files must be corrupt or something as they would not import, so I deleted them. Guess they were probably ok after reading this thread.

@Michael Pickens .... O.K., I'm bringing this up again because 7 months later and a number of Axe-Edit updates I still have the same issues.

I just purchased some of YA's IRs and I'm following his instructions:

1. With Axe-Edit open, click on “Tools” at the top and select “Manage Cabs.” Your User Cabs list will open. Look for a gray panel on the left side of the window. If you do not see the gray panel, click on “Browser” and select “Show / Hide” to reveal it.

2. Locate the York Audio folder for your Cab Pack and open the 48k folder. Simply drag your desired folder, i.e. “Mixes” or “Minimum Phase Singles” into the gray panel and click “OK” on the popup window. If the files appear out of order, click “Browser” and select “Sort alphabetically” to properly arrange them.

3. Select your desired files or select all (Command + A) and drag them into empty User Cab slots. The User Cab number will appear in red. Click “Save” at the bottom right of your screen and your new IRs will be saved in your unit. Now click “Close” to get back to Axe-Edit.

4. Once you open your Cab Block, locate your newly imported IRs. If they are not showing up, click the “Refresh” icon (circular arrows) at the top right for your unit to update the User Cab list.

Step 1 works fine !
Step 2 is where it goes off the rails ....

I try to drag and drop into the browser and all I get is a black circle w/a line through it ( think Ghostbusters ! ) .... And it doesn't matter if I try to drag the entire file or individual IRs ... !

What am I missing ?

Not sure, but do you drag the 48k folder or the files in the 48k folder in the browser?
I always open the folder and drag the files in the 48k folder in the browser and there are no troubles.

Not sure, but do you drag the 48k folder or the files in the 48k folder in the browser?
I always open the folder and drag the files in the 48k folder in the browser and there are no troubles.
I've tried dragging the un-zipped folder and/or the individual 48k .wav files and neither way works for me !

Back
Top Bottom