Suddenly all my inputs and outputs are too loud

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
I know I'm missing something. I've been recording. I haven't done too much tracking in a few days but a LOT for the past several weeks. Mainly mixing the last week or so with sporadic tracking. I get back to it today and all my levels are in the red - input and output. Nothing has changed that I know of. I haven't changed a thing. No updates except Fractal Bot and I didn't use it beyond launching it to see what it looked like.

What am I missing oh lords of the fractal forum? I don't want to alter any of my settings because they've got to be fixed in case I want to go back and re-track or overdub some part. But I turned the output knobs down and back again with no apparent effect. Guitar is always the same - full on. All the Axe Fx II presets are too loud. Nothing's changed in the amp gain or boost. They're at zero. WTF? Any ideas?

Gain in Global EQ?
Power amp simulation switched off accidentally?

Try resetting the system.

Clipping on the AXE display. I can lower the level going to the DAW form the interface, but not the Axe display, which is first in line, of course. And it's just my strat -> cable into Axe Fx II.

A possible couse could be AE fxcking up the output levels in the output page. check them.
Also remember that each scene can have another output level

I would try to isolate the issue with a new preset from scratch.

Start with all shunts test that first and add one amp block, then a cab etc.

Could the cable, connectors or strat jack plate or any of the interconnects gotten shorted?

A possible couse could be AE fxcking up the output levels in the output page. check them.
Also remember that each scene can have another output level

I'd be leaning toward this, too. I AE as I always have, but occasionally weird stuff happens when I move things around within it. Usually the speaker resonance and power section tabs of a patch or few are borked.

Back
Top Bottom